FALSE BOGO OFFER FASCO

cromwell

So I called in a few weeks ago regarding what offers T-mobile had available.

I was told the following: If you port in a new line we will cover the cost of the phone for you.

So I asked a few questions regarding how it works and was further told:

1. You pay Taxes and a fee upfront and then in 6-8 weeks you get a card in the mail. (total came out to $175 for the 8plus 64 GIG iPhone)

2. I was also told I had to pay 2 months at $30 for the equipment until my card arrives.

So I went to the local T-moble store and presented them what I was told and I got the 8 Plus. I asked if everything was all set and if I would receive a card in the mail by 6-8 weeks. I Was told yes and that was that.

At no point  was I told I had to buy another phone at full price. Needless to say a week after I called 611 to get some additional details I was told

the offer I got before was unknown to all the reps I was shocked (pretty much it never existed)

Long story short after speaking to at least 1/2 a dozen reps no one could help me not even a supervisor and even though it was information they presented to me regarding porting a number and getting a phone free, T-mobile now holds me responsible for paying off the 8 Plus and I am left with no other recourse.

IF anyone knows how I can get in touch with a higher level of support or how to resolve this let me know.

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: FALSE BOGO OFFER FASCO

The real problem lies with the store reps who were aware of your intentions to redeem the BOGO offer, and didn't advise the purchase of a device at full price.  The very definition of BOGO is buy one, get one, thus the idea of purchasing a device in order to get a device is clear.

If you are outside of your buyer's remorse period, you are obligated to follow theough with the EIP agreement you signed in the store.

I cannot promise any miracles, but you may want to reach out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Re: FALSE BOGO OFFER FASCO

Hello there!

Have you gotten in touch with our T-Force folks to get more help with this? Please keep us posted.