address is invalid

magenta5735996

I have been trying to change my billing and e911 address for well over a month. I get this error message when attempting it through My T-Mobile profile: "Sorry, we couldn't find your address. Please try again. The address is invalid." It is absolutely a valid address. It is my physical location street address that is rejected. I have asked customer support to override the database and enter my actual address but they get the same error and tell me they'll submit the request to other staff that should be able to fix it. I've spent way too many hours on the phone with no progress on getting this fixed, instead my request keeps getting ignored. I've made the request several times and never get anywhere. Is there a contact I can get in touch with that has the authority to override the database being used to validate addresses?  I assume T-Mobile uses the USPS database to validate addresses which is inadequate for my zip code since there is no home mail delivery. USPS only maintains P.O. Box addresses in their database at my location. It is completely unacceptable to use a P.O. Box address for e911 or PPU.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: address is invalid

Sorry to hear this has been giving you trouble for so long. Have you heard back about this from our Care team? This is normally a ticket that gets escalated on our end if we get errors entering your address.

• magenta5735996

I have not heard back from your ”Care Team" or anyone else for that matter.

This is such a simple request, I can't understand why it has become such an

ordeal.

• tmo_mike_c

I hear ya, and this is totally something that we should give you more info on and fix. Do you have the ticket number? What was the last thing you were told and when did you last speak with our Care team?

• magenta5735996

If the "Care Team" is who I'm talking to when I call the support number then they haven't been giving me a ticket number the last several calls. I did get a ticket number back on August 7th (#20559475) but I'm not sure if that was for the same issue. On September 5th I got a Care Team # Kin(1879466) which was for the address correction issue but didn't indicate it was a trouble ticket number.

• magenta5735996

I explained several times to different support call center assistants the issue I'm having with getting an invalid address when I try to change it in my profile. Everytime they try to do it on their end they get the same error. I keep explaining they need to override the validation software but they apparently aren't authorized so they tell me they will submit the request to someone who should be able to. They haven't been giving me a ticket number. I never hear anything back and my address is still not fixed.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, okay. Sorry this has been such a pain. I checked on that ticket and I'm thinking we'll need to have another filed to get this resolved. We can have our Experts include the previous ticket in for added emphasis. That's no good you've had to explain yourself so many times, but I think our T-Force team can get this resolved for you without having to do that again. Do you have access to social? If so have you tried reaching out to our T-Force team through the FB or Twitter links on our Contact Us page? I'm sure if you give them that ticket number, and even the link to this thread, they can pick up where you left off before and continue the escalation process to get this resolved.

• magenta5735996

I've avoided getting a Facebook or Twitter account because I have too many accounts already with socially irresponsible corporations and don't like being targeted with ads and propaganda. Is there another avenue to get in touch with this "T-Force" team? Is that the same as the "Care Team"? Are you assigning another ticket number to this? What is it? I've tried using the messaging option on the website but it doesn't open a chat session, instead it redirects me to My-Tmobile profile home page. This is with different browsers, no VPN and third party cookies enabled and other security settings disabled. My preference to deal with this is through a chat session but I can't get one established.

• tmo_mike_c

I understand. Our T-Force team is only reachable FB and Twitter. Sorry you're you're having trouble with the chat. The chat option is alternative that'll allow you to get in touch with our Care team and still get a ticket filed or an existing ticket escalated. You do have to log into your MyT-Mobile.com account so that's why it's routing you to that page. After you log in, you'll just need to click the Message Team option and the chat will start shortly.

• magenta5735996

I can only get the support/contact us options by being logged on to My T-Mobile already. When I try clicking on this button below no chat session is started.  It only reverts to my T-Mobile account home page. I am obviously logged on. I refuse to get a facebook or twitter account and should not need one to get real support. As I mentioned above, I have enabled third party cookies and tried multiple browsers. Does the chat button only work when logged on to facebook or twitter? Unfortunately when I call support I have ended up on hold for up to an hour and a half even when I leave a callback number because when they call back they always transfer me to someone else and get put on hold. Please, is there a way to contact the "T-Force" or "Care" team directly other than facebook or twitter? Can they contact me?                                                                                                    

• tmo_mike_c

That's the screen you should be routed to after you log in. Then you'd click the magenta message button. You won't need FB or Twitter using this method, just a MyT-Mobile.com account. We'd definitely need our Team of Experts to help get this issue resolved at this point so calling in would be the only other option.

• magenta5735996

Clicking on what I thought were buttons in the above message does not launch a chat session or provide a phone number, it simply casts a .png image of the message onto my screen so its of no use. I still need a method to contact support without going through twitter, facebook, or the published support phone number that hasn't been able to solve my problem.                                    

• tmo_mike_c

Oh okay. The post above is an image, not a clickable link that'll launch the chat. I just posted that so you could see what I was talking about. Calling from a phone is the only other alternative to chat and social media channels.

• magenta5735996

I have called the call center multiple times and I'm getting nothing solved. Each time I get assurances that they will elevate the issue to someone who can fix it and they promise they will call back, text me and or email me. I never get anything. This has been going on for months. Surely there is a database administrator who can override the address validation algorithm and directly enter my correct address into the profile database. I've had tickets submitted going back to August 7th. The most recent ticket is #21543513.

• magenta5735996

This issue has still not been resolved. I have called the support number multiple times explaining the problem. They never are able to override the address validation algorithm at their end either and keep telling me they send the ticket (#1400503) by email to the Business Support Team to resolve it. I’m told I should hear back within 72 hours but never do.