Why has the device I had unlocked over a year ago become locked.

magenta6179196

First off the original carrier of my phone is MetroPcs not T-Mobile. I saw that someone else asked about a MetroPcs phone issue and was helped so I thought I would give it a try. I am just about out of options. In Feb. of 2017 I bought a ZTE Zmax pro. I had MetroPcs service until May of 2017. I was able to have the device unlocked using the Device Unlock app. After the device was unlocked I switched to Straight Talk. I have been using this device with Straight Talk since. On Sep. 5 my service plan ended. I didn't have the money at the time to refill my service ( not the first time ). On Sep. 12 I bought a service card and added to my account with the Straight Talk app. When I checked the phone to see if service was restored and a message on the top of the screen saying invalid sim card was there. I turned the phone off and then back on like and tech would have told me to if i called. When the phone restarted a message saying Network locked to unlock the device go to the device unlock app. The message confused me but I went to the app as the message stated. When I opened the app the message Device is Permanently Unlocked was displaying. I viewed the history it showed the date I had the device unlocked. I contacted Straight Talk the agent checked my account and couldn't find anything wrong. The service card was added to my account. The agent said that it must be something with MetroPcs. I contacted MetroPcs and told them what was going on. I don't think she understood what I was telling her because I got the following e-mail the next day.

Metro PCS Unlock Information

Inbox

x

MetroPCSUnlockCode, NoReply <nreply@local>

Thu, Sep 13, 8:26 AM (2 days ago)

to me

Dear MPCS Customer,

Below you will find your Unlock Code(s).
    If you have any additional questions,
    please call customer care at
    1-888-8-Metro-8 (as this email address
    cannot receive replies).

IMEI 863461032982480 has been enabled for unlocking and to complete the process, please have the subscriber take the
    steps to unlock via app on the handset, below.
    Should there be delays in unlocking, this could be that the handset is not making a connection to the server to unlock,
    so please have them try different wi-fi connections several times.

Please ensure that the latest software has been updated.
    Make sure you have an active data connection via 3G/4G/LTE or Wi-Fi. Insert the non- MetroPCS SIM card in
    the SIM card slot.
    From the Application list, tap Device Unlock on the handset. (Note: The application may be located in the MetroPCS folder.)
    Tap Continue.
    Choose the Permanent Unlock type.
    If successful, restart the device to apply the settings.

Note: If you do not restart the handset, you will have a persistent alert in the notification tray.
    Like I mentioned before the Device Unlock app is showing that the device is unlocked. I had a different phone picked up so I removed the sim card from the ZTE and put it in the other phone. Everything is working fine. Yesterday I went into a MetroPcs store thinking that if I Could speed to a person and show them what messages I was getting and that the Device Unlock app was showing it to be unlocked I would get the help I needed. The person in the store would not help me because I was no longer had MetroPcs service. Today contacted ZTE I was told that the only way my phone could have been locked back is if it was re something ( sorry I can't remember the word he used ). I googled the word and It took me to a question someone with MetroPcs service asked on here. So here I am begging for an answer to my problem. I really love my phone. Paid to much for it to not be able to use it.

All replies