Outage in N.C.?

mtally11

Is there an outage in Fayetteville, NC because my phone won’t let me dial out even when I’m connected to WiFi?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Outage in N.C.?

Does your phone display a WiFi Calling indicator? Does the WiFi work for network browsing? What about when you turn off WiFi Calling?

• mtally11

When I cut my WiFi on it only works for apps and messages from other iPhone users. When I cut WiFi off and use the network my apps won’t work and I can’t text, I can only receive calls.

• snn555

it's entirely possible that the tropical storm coming through as we speak is causing some network issues with all carriers. There may be some parts that work and others that don't at different times.

• drnewcomb2

That's an interesting combination of symptoms. After Hurricane Katrina in 2005, I could call and be called by other T-Mobile customers but couldn't make calls to any other carriers. We could text between carriers. This was before everyone had cell phone numbers for their friends and not many people used texts. We learned real fast.