Update Issues

magenta5644454

After the recent update it keeps popping up saying I need to update. I've installed the update three times and it keeps asking. After almost an hour on the phone with Support they thought they had it fixed but as soon as I restarted it popped up again. Every morning when I get up and grab my phone I get get to the home page because of this forced update. Why this update. It is a Samsung Note 8 so why is T-Mobile forcing this update on me that screwed up my phone. Oh, my phone had a clean OS before this horrid update.

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Update Issues

Oh, no! So sorry about your troubles!!!  Are you currently on baseband version N950USQS5CRG9 (settings, about phone, software information)?

Did you try resetting to factory settings after the update?  Others have reported improved performance from their phones when undergoing software updates by performing a factory reset.  I know it's a hassle and I hate to recommend something that will inconvenience you, but my hope is that it will resolve your issue.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• joe1994

Oreo screwed up everything! It screwed up battery life and device performance across the board.

• magentatechie

joe1994 , did you try resetting the phone after the update?  Tons of folks have reported better performance after doing so.  Others say a cache partition wipe works as well.

• joe1994

I have tried everything , clear the cache, factory reset the phone numerous times. Ran the phone with zero third party apps installed, downloaded and installed all the LG bloatware crap, reset and installed my news apps BBC and flipboard. In the end I am left with two possible conclusions 1) Oreo has some bug or 2) the LG g6 is simply a piece of garbage and T-Mobile people don't give me you're b.s. response about what a great device it is. On the T-Mobile website it's at the bottom of the list.

I am not worrying about it anymore in a few weeks I will be moving on to the moto g6 over at project fi. Coverage with T-Mobile has been a serious issue the last few months.

• tmo_mike_c

That's super strange. Have you tried the magentatechie 's suggestion? Please let us know if that helps.