Want to cancel Pandora Premium subscription

magenta5405005

Didn't see the fine writing that only one person can listen at a time - doesn't work in a household of 5!  Tried to downgrade in pandora via the app, the app store, online, and via T-mobile support and nothing has worked!  Help!!!!!

All replies

• magentatechie

Hey there! So sorry you're having a hard time cancelling your Pandora account and that the free one didn't work out for your family.  Did you check the steps here?  It says you do have to log in using a computer, not a mobile device.  I have a strong feeling this requirement can be bypassed by using Desktop Mode on your device.  For Android, in Chrome- press the 3 dots in the upper right, then select Desktop Site.  For iOS, press and hold the Refresh button in Safari until you see the Desktop Site option appear.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • smplyunprdctble

Keep the premium account for the next year and use it in common rooms or something (or keep it for yours), and create another account(s) for the rest of the 5?

At least that way, everyone could keep their own stations.

Not sure why you would have five people sharing one free account (and therefore trying to share one premium with this offer) instead of having five separate accounts.

It's a freebie -- why would you cancel it?  I don't even know if Pandora has the option to cancel a freebie, but you'd have to contact them if you want something adjusted to your account, since it's a Pandora account, not a T-Mobile account.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see if you still had any additional questions on this. magentatechie and smplyunprdctble provides some pretty insightful info.

• barcodeable

Note: The regular Pandora accounts are free to create and are riddled with some cool    advertisements. Also, if you successfully cancel your Pandora Premium subscription, you will still have the 1 free account for 5 people. And then if you decide you want to get the Premium service again... you will have to pay the monthly subscription.

So if you really want to add advertisements, and add limitations to not be able to have unlimited skips, and replays of your favorite songs.. and not to have the option to listen to offline stations...

If you have an Android Device... you can manage your subscription in the app store.

Or go online to the Pandora website and deactivate your plan.

728E48DC-E9A4-4D5C-BCC1-36861580C76B.jpeg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • magenta9644668

Hello, the year is almost done, and I am trying to cancel the gift you gave us of Pandora Plus, but using my computer I have logged into my Pandora account, but there is no option for me to cancel it. Thank you.

• barcodeable

UNFORTUNATELY THIS REPLY IS THE CORRECT ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM...

The information below comes directly from the Pandora’s own help website...

Pandora Support is unable to manage subscriptions or trials purchased through iTunes, Amazon, Roku, or carriers such as Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. Pandora cannot cancel those subscriptions or trials, change your subscription plan, or issue refunds for subscriptions purchased through any of these app stores.

• magenta9644668

Since they are not able to manage it because it was a gift from T-Mobile, at the end of the year will they charge me?

• syaoran

They can't charge you if you don't have any payment info tied to your account.  When your prepaid subscription ends, it will automatically downgrade to the free version.  If you want to close your account, you can e-mail Pandora Support and request that your account be deleted. 

One way to sort of get around the one device play, is to use Amazon Echo's.  Although I can still only stream a single instance, that instance can be streamed to multiple Echo's in a group.  I do hope T-Mobile decides to cut a deal with SiriusXM to offer us a second year of Pandora or at least a SiriusXM subscription. 

• magenta9644668

Unfortunately they do have my billing info, if I get charged I will be able to cancel it at that point.

• tmo_chris

Hey there!

This is directly from our internal FAQ:

What happens after the free year ends?  Will you remind me when we get close?

Yes, you will be reminded as the end approaches. You will then revert back to your previous Pandora account level.  You can opt back in through Pandora to upgrade to Plus and add a payment method at that time, or if you have a payment method on file, you will revert back to the existing payment method.

Basically, if you don't want to renew, just make sure you don't have your payment information saved in your Pandora account. T-Mobile will not bill you for your Pandora subscription.

• miket

Re: Want to cancel Pandora Premium subscription

Off-topic:

how did you get a free premium account from Pandora?  We have an ongoing free account from Netflix via T-Mobile.

• danrhodes

The answers here are not helpful to those of us who have:

1.  Previous billing information with Pandora

2.  Expiring TMobile Plus accounts

The Pandora page specifically says we will be billed when our TMobile plus accounts end and there is no cancel button.  They state we must cancel through TMobile.  There is no help for us through Pandora...we must have our accounts cancelled through TMobile or will be billed.   These Tuesday gifts are more trouble than they are worth more often than not.

• danrhodes

This is what Pandora support told me.   I just wish Tmobile support was on top of things like they were when they were smaller and more customer focused.

At the end of the complimentary year your account will automatically revert to its previous state.

If you were a free listener when you redeemed this offer, your account will return to a free one and you will not be charged.

If you were a Pandora Plus subscriber when you redeemed this offer, your normal subscription will resume automatically. Any time you had remaining on your previous subscription will be applied to your account.