Autopay on prepaid clears available minutes

nothappy07

My autopay went through this morning but my billing cycle doesn't start until tomorrow, meaning the money I added two days ago to pay for my minutes disappeared, effectively deactivating my phone for voice calls without notifying me. How can I prevent the prepay from removing my available minute balance? Had surgery yesterday and was waiting for a VERY IMPORTANT phone call from my doctor. I'm quite livid that T-mobile charged me money and removed their service at the same time.

How can I avoid this issue in the future, besides switching services to someone with better customer service?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Wow! I can see how this was super inconvenient timing and I'm truly sorry you missed an important call from your doctor. I hope you're recovering well from surgery.

I'm pretty familiar with prepaid accounts and this is not something that is a common practice. With prepaid accounts, your "due date" will not always be the same because it's a rolling 30 days vs. always on the same day of the month. I'm not able to view customer accounts on my end but does that theory add up when you look at your account details?

I'm still digging into other avenues as to why this may have happened and I'll keep you updated if I come across anything else helpful in the meantime.

• tmo_amanda

Good morning, nothappy07!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you've had a chance to look over my reply from a few days ago. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future because it can really put a wrench in your day.