T Mobile Porting Process...Total mess !!!

magenta6085128

I have been going through this extremely frustrating experience with t-mobile.

To start with, I wanted to get two new lines added to my family plan. The two lines were being ported from another carrier, with one of those lines carrying a leased device.

We went to a local t-mobile store to check on how we could get these two line ported. A representative guided us through the things we needed to do and what to keep in mind during the whole process.Everything went smoothly, the two lines were  switched to t-mobile within few hours and were active.

Now here starts the issue.The rep told us that the device which was under lease with the other carrier would need to paid up by us and we could lease a similar device with t-mobile, and that the cost for the device would be reimbursed to us via a gift card, which made sense and  we agreed to. NOTHING more or nothing less was mentioned around the device leasing and buyout. After few weeks when the cost of the device was debited from the credit card, we submitted a form at the store requesting for the reimbursement and also we sent an email with a copy of the final bill from the old carrier with the payoff details.

Now almost 2.5 months down the line, we are being read out the terms and conditions that the device from the previous carrier should have been used for at least 3 months otherwise the reimbursement doesn't happen. SERIOUSLY !! After back and forth to the store and with all the customer care calls NOW they are telling us. In the first place, the rep in the store didn't mention this and now both the store reps and the customer care reps are saying that this is not their problem.

So basically I paid for a phone that t-mobile took from me and now they are not reimbursing me for. They say the reimbursement was rejected and they don't even have the courtesy to return that phone to me. I mean is this how you manage a customer who has been with you for more than 3 years now. Seriously it is pathetic.

I am posting this here with some faint hope that some one may suggest me a way out of this or someone responsible at t-mobile can take this up.

Praveen Nair

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta6085128 

Thank you for taking the time to post to our community. I am so sorry that your first post her had to be about such a bad experience Please know that we greatly appreciate your loyalty and the last thing we want you to feel is that you were cheated in some way. Without being able to see your account (which we cannot do here on a public forum) I cannot really say what options are available to you. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and look are your Trade-in and see what the next best steps would be to move forward.

• magenta6085128

The main issue was everybody, from the reps in the store and the customer care just bouncing us around saying they can't help us. Nobody tried to find a solution to this for us.

But finally yesterday I was able to talk to the store manager and he get the amount as monthly bill credits. So many thanks to him, that he decided to take a decision on this and unlike others didn't make us go in circles again.