RCS?

pisano772

Hi, how do I determine if my galaxy s8+ had RCS? Not sure if it is out yet. If not does anyone know an approximate date it's going to roll out for the s8? Thanks

All replies

• shelbyfan

Re: RCS?

Use android messages. Settings, advanced settings.

Will not work with unlocked phones.

Untitled.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

That's super odd. I'm seeing the T-Mobile S8+ does have the Advanced messaging option. I'm thinking there might be something going on with the software if it's not there.

• pisano772

That's what I thought as well. When I click the messages app and then the three dots this is all that comes up. My software is updated as well  Screenshot_20180910-115249_Messages.jpg

• magentatechie

Is your WiFi calling enabled?  I believe it has to be for you to turn on the advanced messaging.

Turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi Calling

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
                  2. Tap Settings > Connections > More connection settings.
                  3. Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
                  4. Slide the Wi-Fi calling switch right to the ON position.
                  5. Select Wi-Fi preferred or Never use Cellular Network to turn on Wi-Fi calling.

**Only, don't choose Never use because it will completely shut off your cellular connection, even if WiFi is turned off.  Advanced messaging: Samsung Galaxy S8

• pisano772

so after checking for a while im assuming the galaxy s8 does not have advanced messaging yet. The funniest part of this is when you message t-mobile and speak to them on chat, they have no idea what RCS or advanced messaging is. Its crazy to think that we know more then they do. Ive been asked what is advanced messaging by them. Horrible.