Branched to a new discussion.

RoboCall issue

daba

I am receiving 3-5 calls a day and in the late evening robocalls from numbers that use the first 3 numbers of my number. Example 818-555-1212 they use the 555 number. They just keep rotating through all the last 4 digits. I tried blocking but the robo system keeps changing the last 5 numbers. I have spam block enabled but to no avail. Any help.

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: RoboCall issue

Ugh! I hate those annoying robocalls! Are you getting any indication that that calls are coming from a spam number? (Does the caller ID say "Scam Likely" or similar?)

Have you dialed in #662# on your device to ensure the feature is activated? (I ask this because I thought mine was on but when I pressed the numbers, it said "Please wait while activating".. so just making sure, there)

Also, what kind of device are you using? Do you have any other spam/scam filtering apps downloaded?

And for reference, this website has a few tips for dealing with the calls. 

• dc5fan

I tried the #662# on my Stylo 3 Plus (PAYG $3 a month), and it's not available for my service. Once in awhile I receive "898" (first 3 numbers of an AT&T), and if I don't recognize the number I decline the call, and block the number. I'm not charged for that call. These spam calls do come in sputrs .

• tmo_chris

Oh man... I get those same calls too Did you get a chance to try the #code that magentatechie  posted?

• dragon1562

That's really odd. T-mobile has done a decent job at blocking these kinds of calls for me. The next best thing I can suggest is putting your device into do not disturb mode and then setting specific numbers to be allowed to come through. You could also try calling into T-mobile and reporting the numbers or talking to the police. I have done this before with a debt collector agency that kept harassing me when they had the wrong number/person.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • daba

So yes, I had SPAM activation on my account, used the #662#, blocked and each one came through but they still keep rotating through the numbers. Also, not being detected as scam/spam by T-Mobile. So lots of SPAM blocking apps for iOS any recommendations based on your usage?

• magentatechie

Mr. Number Call Block & Lookup on the App Store

I have used Mr Number on my Android devices in the past and had a very good experience with it. I can't attest to the iOS version, but it does have good reviews.

I hope this helps!!

• dragon1562

I don't have experience with spam block on IOS personally. I just use android and like I said T-mobile solution did well on that platform. I would suggest doing what I mentioned earlier with the do not disturb function on your device or calling T-mobile to report these numbers. If it is bad enough I would look into contacting the police and file it under harassment.

• tmo_mike_c

daba are you still getting these calls? If so, have you tried the suggestion above?

• magenta6598070

Same thing has been happening to me for the last month or so on my iPhone. They keep rotating the last 4-digit of the number they are calling from {this number keeps calling at all hours: 680-487-****}, so even when I block them, they keep calling from a different number. I have done all the things suggested above but they keep coming. I just can't figure out how to stop this problem or how to report a number to T-Mobile so they can stop these people.

• dc5fan

I have the same problem on my landline. I get the same 3 numbers that correspond to the town I live. The ID shows the name of the town, and after a couple of times I have learned that the call is a spam call. As I have typed before if I receive a call I don't recognize I BLOCK it! Once in awhile I will do a search on the number. Most of them are spam calls. It is tedious, but I have blocked it. A warning that I read several weeks ago it is going to get WORSE in the future.