T Mobile One Military Discount

venomouspug2017

Hi,

Is there a way to get military discount with T mobile one Military, if my wife is the account holder? She has her dependent ID and I couldn't transfer the account to my name because of my credit. I was approved 5 lines, but credit amount is less of what we currently have on equipment.

All replies

• magenta1533136

Re: T Mobile One Military Discount

Don't do it man, they get you on the military plan then slowly your rate will creep back up once you're locked into an EIP. My bill is now $80 more than it was before I got my "50% discount"

• magentatechie

Hey there venomouspug2017, are you the servicemember in question?  If an individual is active duty or deployed, he/she does not have to be the primary on the account.  All others do require a change of responsibility in order to qualify for the switch to T-Mobile ONE Military.  So sorry about this!  I do thank you and your family for your service however and I hope you'll be able to take advantage of this offer at some point.

magenta1533136, I feel you! I have an old, old, OLD grandfathered plan that would cost like practically nothing if it weren't for my family's demand for super nice phones!  Same goes to you, though, thank you and your family for their service!

• magenta1533136

I'd been with t-mobile for less than two years, and was told my bill would be less before I switched to the military plan. Nice try though. Don't worry, I"ll be done with your company in a few weeks.

• barcodeable

Im trying to understand what you posted.... you changed your plan to the Military ONE Plan and your bill increased over time????  Being on an EIP doesn’t increase your plan charges. Your bill will increase due to the payment plan for the actual phone(s).

If you don’t mind.... can you post how much your plan was prior to the Military ONE Plan and how much it was afterwards? Don’t include the EIP because that is a seperate transaction that is optional.

I don’t work for T-Mobile, but based on many factors T-Mobile is the best choice for my family. If another cellular company works best for your needs i would advise to switch to that company.

Just a thought: What could T-Mobile do to keep you as a loyal customer?

and as I mentioned above (i am not emplyed by T-Mobile.... I’m just a curious soul

• venomouspug2017

I am the military service member, but the account holder is my wife. I'm trying to know if I could still get military discount.

• magentatechie

Yes, sir, I understand- are you currently active duty?  If the servicemember is active duty or deployed, he/she does not have to be the primary on the account; however, if you are not active duty or deployed, you would need to complete the change of responsibility to have the account placed in your name in order to qualify for the discount.  Hope this helps!

• tmconsumer

I am the primary holder of this account, but my husband is a military veteran on my account.  I think its unfair that in order to take advantage of this benefit, I have to pay off my phones (over $1000) and transfer the account into his name.  I started this account shortly before this benefit was offered and I don't think customers should have to do this to enjoy this benefit.  If they have a "Family member" who is and active/veteran military person on the account, then that account should qualify....that is...if TMobile really want to show their appreciation for Military people.   This plan wasn't thought completely through...you are totally dissing the person who chose TMobile over other cell phone companies...looks like I'll be switching companies next year when my contract is up, regardless if my husband can sign up, because if this is the way customers are treated, I don't want to be a part of it.

• magentatechie

If I may ask: is your husband active duty or deployed?  If so you can still qualify for the plan.  If not, a COR (change of responsibility)  does need to be done.

Are your devices on EIP or are they JUMP! on Demand?  If they are on EIP, you can transfer them over to his account after the COR is complete.  Unfortunately, this is not the case with JOD and the phone's balances will appear on your final bill should you complete the COR to your husband.

As an aside, I used to work as an LPN at the Veteran's Hospital here in Middle Tennessee and I have nothing but respect for veterans and their families, who I know go through just about as much stress as the soldier him or herself.  Thank you all for your service to our country!

• barcodeable

I understand fully what you are saying...  instead of changing this and changing that which demands you to pay off your EIP in order to be eligible for you to set all of your lines under the Military Plan. Im sure after more and more veterans/milltary personnel voice their opinions by switching to another company away from T-Mobile, they will more than likely come up with a way to make things easier and simple to become eligible for the Military Plan promotion.

I SUPPORT YOU 100%

You shouldnt have to jump through hoops if your family (military) member is on your account.

Im guessing T-Mobile system isn’t capable of making it easier for you to take part of the Military Program.

RED TAPE is everywhere.

• magenta6084349

Donteven think. we are facing issue now. I was account holder so we are told to give his information and take responsibility on account. everything was paid of and fine until today. after 3 months collection agency started calling us by saying that we owe tmobile 1100. never got bill, warning or anything. found out today that employee didnt handle it properly so so we have two different accounts now and 1 account got closed and went to collection agency after 3 months. untill today we had no clue about how they do this things. They admits that its a person's mistake but they can not do anything since its with collection. and collection agency is not ready to help because its not their job. so 1100 right away ( after talking on phone over 4 hours that agreed to give time of few days but we have to pay it in full amount. Never thought that getting discount of few dollars would result in that. Advise: make them to deal everything in writing. and get copy of everything when you make even a little change. we are loyal to them 5 years and just told " its our employees mistake but its not our problem anymore. deal with collection agency and do what they say"

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta6084349 

That is a big yikes!! I know getting a call from a collection agency about a bill you did not know about is the last think anyone ever wants to deal with. In your situation, it sounds like there may have been a T-Mobile error and we want to do everything we can to rectify this. Since we cannot see your account here on a public community forum, if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you contact our T-Force team using the links in my signature. They will be able to pull up your old account and do a full audit to see what specifically happened and determine the next steps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful