T-mobile Wearable Plan Features and Cost

sspinos

Hey guys,

I recently got a Samsung Watch LTE and add it on T-mobile Wearable Plan. T-Mobile wearable plan features and costs aren't clear so that got me curious.

1. What is the data cap on the wearable plan?

2. If my main plan is under T-mobile One then my wearable plan can use data abroad on the accepted countries within the One plan for free (lower speed)?

3. The calls I receive through Digits on the watch (My personal number that is used by my smartphone which is synced with the watch) are over the internet or not? (Else why use Digits to sync the number up?) This way when abroad it won't have an additional fee, is that right?) - "When I make calls from the Samsung Watch it displays the watch assigned T-mobile number and not the one Digits is synced on. "

Thanks in advance.

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: T-mobile Wearable Plan Features and Cost

Hey there!  Are you referring to the new Galaxy watch?  What wearable plan do you have? The Galaxy Watch won't work unless it is on the Data with Paired DIGITS plan.  This plan includes unlimited data (max 512 kbps). 

To the best of my understanding, this watch plan does not include international roaming capabilities. 

As far as the outgoing caller ID showing your DIGITS number instead of your regular phone number, this is a bit odd.  With the T-Mobile ONE wearable plan, you will make calls from the watch directly without any information from your primary line. Data with Paired DIGITS is a mobile data line only and cannot make voice calls on its own.

• sspinos

Re: T-mobile Wearable Plan Features and Cost

Are you referring to the new Galaxy watch? 

Yes

What wearable plan do you have?

The only one offered by T-Mobile

The Galaxy Watch won't work unless it is on the Data with Paired DIGITS plan.

My apologies but your answer is wrong, maybe you didn't read or understand what I'm writing above. The galaxy watch I own has the Data with Paired Digits plan since I receive calls on it made towards my T-mobile number registered with my smartphone.

To the best of my understanding, this watch plan does not include international roaming capabilities.

I'm looking for a concrete answer here. This doesn't help.

That doesn't answer if it does or not. This is why I raised the question. My purpose is to get someone from T-Mobile to tell us about the plan features. As is right now it's really confusing.

As far as the outgoing caller ID showing your DIGITS number instead of your regular phone number, this is a bit odd.

"When I make calls from the Samsung Watch it displays the watch assigned T-mobile number and not the one Digits is synced on. "

The watch makes outgoing calls showing the regular phone number assigned to the watch.

I appreciate your assistance but I'm looking for someone who can answer the above questions correctly so we don't mislead anyone.