Can I transfer the lines if I take advantage of the Buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy Note8, get one free

jjbrown1990

Basically I want to take advantage of the current Samsung promotion but I do not necessarily need a new line.

If I were to go ahead and add a 4th line, could I give the free phone to my husband, transfer the other new phone to my line and transfer my existing phone to the new line and down the road in about 3 months cancel the new line if I feel I do not need it?

It is possible that I would keep the line, either for my daughter or as a "house phone" but i'm not sure that I would need it.

Basically my question is, Can I take advantage of the promotion, transfer the new line to my current line and later cancel if I feel I do not need the new line after all?

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Samsung Phones BOGO FAQ

Starting August 22, 2018, for a limited time, customers who purchase an Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy Note8, or Galaxy Note9, on an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), can get $720 back on a second Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy Note8, or Galaxy Note9 via 24 monthly bill credits when you:

• Activate two new lines for new customers OR at least one new line for existing customers on a qualified rate plan to be used with the new devices.
        • Purchase both smartphones on the same account through our 24-month Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), with 0% APR.
        • If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price becomes due on 1 or both devices & credits may stop; contact us for details.
        • For well-qualified customers:
          • S9: $0 down and $30/mo. x 24, full price $720
          • S9+: $120 down and $30/mo. x 24, full price $840
          • S8 Active: $130 down and $30/mo. x 24, full price $850
          • Note8: $0 down and $30/mo. x 24, full price $720
          • Note9 (128GB): $279.99 down + $30/mo. x 24, full price $999.99
        • Pay the required down payment and any applicable device taxes at time of purchase for each smartphone.
        • Remain active and in good standing on a voice rate plan, with active EIP.

To me, that sounds like you need to keep the line during the period.

1 of 1 people found this helpful