From very happy customer to a very upset/disappointed customer today...

magenta6070985

History..

I was on the Simple Choice North America Plan...

I had  $40.00 discount from Business Family plan discount because of my job...

Everything was fine up to this point.. happy customer... but things don't last forever...

One day I made the mistake of calling "Business promotions" to 'ask' (and only ask) and get some information about the T-Mobile Plan Unlimited 55. The customer service representative told me (and assured me - after asking again and again confirming) I would had no problem moving to the new plan and keeping my job discount but I'd need to either call customer service or go to one of the stores to have the plan rate changed, easy, since she could not take care of that under her department... she said the new plan "is" qualified and told me that 'some times' the discount drops by the system when it changes plans but I should not worry about it, that as soon as I realize it was dropped then I can just called her back and the discount will be reinstated..

OK, so I decided and made the plan change and after a couple of weeks I got my new bill and you can imagine what is in there (better yet, what is NOT in there anymore).. but well, I thought I will make a call... I just called to have it reinstated as as was told and I was informed that the plan "does not" qualify and there is nothing they can do, basically I lost the discount all together making my new plan 20.00 p/m more expressive from now on... and cant go back to the old plan since its not offered anymore..

At this point I am very upset/disappointed and cheated, I feel like I was lied to, right on my face... not a fair way to conduct business..

The moral of the story, DO NOT trust TMO customer service, they "LIE" in order to get people moved to the new plans and make a sale (making you abandon the old/not offered plans anymore but good to still keep - if you have still have it); shady/dishonest way to do this... If I was told from the begging that the discount would be lost then it would have been my decision to move or stay... and I'd have been content with that...

As I said, I called the right department to "ask" first before I could consider to make the move... if you are not able to trust the people that is supposed to take care of that then who???

Be aware... very aware...

Not a good day...

All replies