Note 9 trade-in credits

magenta6057438

Anyone here sign up for the Note 9 trade-in deal? If you did, did you receive your monthly credits before you shipped your old device, or after you shipped your old device?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Note 9 trade-in credits

Hey there The credits would not actually start applying until we receive and verify your trade-in device.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • dragonstorm

in average, how long it takes for us to see the trade in credit?  I did the same note 9 and just curious how long will it take?

also, is it normal to receive emails from T-MOBILE to ask me to ship back the trade in even though it was shipped and delivered.  I think that those emails created many confusion.

• tmo_chris

Generally, the credits begin when your first EIP payment appears on your bill, usually the first bill cycle after the qualifying purchase. However, in some cases, it may take up to two bill cycles after the qualifying purchase for credits to begin. If your EIP credits are dependent on a trade in promotion, we will not apply these credits until we receive the device.

• magenta6057438

You sure? When I asked T-Mobile's Facebook page, they said within 2 billing cycles from when you sign up, before shipping the device, not after. They also referred me to the document with the full terms of the deal, but the language/wording in the document is not very clear or specific. It just says to allow for 2 billing cycles. It doesn't actually specify if I have to wait until T-Mobile receives the device. Can you double check? Can anyone who has completed the deal say what their experience was?

• magentatechie

Hey there, magenta6057438, according to the device recovery terms and conditions (section 8), all promotional requirements must be fulfilled before a credit will be issued on the account.  I'm sorry that it seems you'd received some confusing information there. Hope this helps!

• dragonstorm

I shipped my device back and delivered on 8/27 to their PA Warehouse.  As of today, no update of my credit and the website shows nothing about my credit.  contacted customer service.  one was so rude on phone saying that I need to print out photo and tracking number to a store and asked them to fax it to somewhere.   another one just tells me to wait due to the high volume, the warehouse may be slow and she guarantee that the device was delivered and I should be good.

the main issue is that I keep getting those emails asking me to send them the device.  it worried me too.   just moved to TMobile with my family and a little bit regret the decision..

let hope it is just a minor delay.

• magenta6086560

same question, except I turned my old phones into store.  They "supposedly shipped back for me."  Got my first bill today.  Shows my down payment applied but not my bill credits for the 2 phones I turned in.  Would love some clarification from someone from Tmobile as to when these credits will start showing up on my bill and will I be refunded the difference on my next bill.  Because everytime I call tmobile customer service I get a totally different answer.  So very confused.  At least previous carrier was totally upfront with me and I new what to expect everytime I called but not so, so feeling a little bit regret as well.