Insurance Coverage

emailjohntran

My current phone is acting up since I did a TMobile recommended SOFTWARE UPDATE update. Current phone is  running out of battery faster then ever before. Now, my phone is NOT CHARGING when micro USB port is plugged in.

I would like to know if my current insurance covers a replacement phone?

Please HELP. Thanks!

JT

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Insurance Coverage

Hey there!  So sorry to hear of your troubles!  What kind of phone do you have?  Was it the Android 8 Oreo update?  Did you try performing a master reset after the software update had completed?  Some folks have found that this relieves problems arising from recent software updates.

Now, with your insurance is included an extended warranty.  Provided the device doesn't have any physical damage (cracked screen, scratches, dings, moisture damage, etc) you can get a replacement for $5, the claim can be filed by calling 611 or going to a store.  If there is any physical damage, you will have to file a claim through Assurant (who can be reached at 866-866-6285) .

As the replacement device will be a refurb, it is recommended that you complete all troubleshooting available before seeking a claim.

Good luck!

• tmo_amanda

Re: Insurance Coverage

Hey, JT!

magentatechie asked some helpful questions that we need the answers to so we can point you in the right direction. Please let us know what type of phone you're using and the software version that you updated to.