Calls either can't connect or take 30+ sec to start ringing

th3_rhin0

I recently had to replace my (unlocked, but Tmo branded) LG V20, with a Blu Tank Xtreme Pro (I can be tough on phones). 

The phone supports:

2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900
    4G bandsLTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700)
    SpeedHSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
    GPRSYes
    EDGEYes

I do not have VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling on this new phone.

Where I live is generally LTE bands 4/12 as per the LTE Discovery app, and my signal strength bounces between ~ -91dBm to -127dBM between home and work; tower distances between here and there range from ~ 300m to 9200m (depending on where I'm at specifically), also per the LTE Discovery app.

When I try to make calls using the regular phone/dialer app in Nougat, my calls take upwards of 30+ seconds to connect and start actually ringing, some will not connect at all.  Yesterday, I was able to get calls to connect almost immediately, but after a few minutes (while stationary) it would go back to not connecting.

While this is happening, I am able to send/receive SMS/MMS and my mobile data works just fine.

Where I live, I'm on Band 12 with a signal strength of -117dBm, but texts and data work perfectly, just not calls.  I'm at work right now, on band 4 with a signal of -111dBm, and only text and data works.

I'm using the DIGITS app (on my own phone, with my own number) over data/wifi and I can make and receive calls just fine through that, but not the regular Android dialer. 

Any ideas what is going on? 

If it helps, I'm Tmo prepaid 10GB plan; my signal is not roaming onto other networks, and according to Android and LTE Discovery, I am connected to Tmobile's network.

Thanks!

All replies