Help why am I being charged for a phone that was suppose to be free!

justcalederin

I got the Samsung S9 during the buy one get one deal.  When I went to the store they said I did not qualify for the deal because I would need to add a line.  So I called they said the same but since I have been a customer for 6 years they would not charge me for the added line.  OK that was great so I went back to store told them what I was told.  They saw the note on the account and did the deal.  Great so I thought....  I got my first bill with the charges for both phones and the extra line.  I called the Team of experts and they said that I did not qualify for the buy one get one deal because I did not have the right plan.  I explained this is the first anyone is telling me this.  They still have the notes on the account about the line showing I spoke to someone that told me that is all I would have to do.  I would think this would be a simple case of appoligizing and refunding the charges for the free phone and extra line monthly.  No instead they offer to refund the phone for half of the life of the payment plan.  I spoke to a supervisor who said the same.  I asked to speak to his supervisor because I don't see how he could ask me to pay $360 for a phone I was told was free.  He told me the manager would call me back within 24 hours.  I received a call about 5 hours later but they called the wrong phone line so the call was not picked up.  When we saw the message we called back right away.  This time I was told the manager just put her laptop in the bag and would not call me till tomorrow.  I asked to speak to another manager.  The same supervisor I spoke to earlier came on and told me there was no other manager.  I told him give me a number for another branch or the number of whoever oversees their branch or email.  He refused to give me anyone else to contact and told me the manager would call me back tomorrow.  This is unacceptable.  There has to be someone that this Team of Experts reports to for when they mess up.  I saw a quick blur on this website about switching the team you work with but no information as to how or who else can be contacted.  All numbers now put you with the same team.  Who could I contact how do I resolve this issue???

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey justcalederin 

I sincerely apologize for all the confusion surrounding the promotion! Since this issue is directly tied to your account, we are going to need to dig deeper in here to see what specifically happened and what the next steps should be. We are unable to access user accounts here on a public forum but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and do a full audit of what has happened.