Verizon BYOD Pixel XL Settings for T-Mobile

fillossofer

I have been using my Pixel XL purchased from Verizon on the T-Mobile network for two months. Mostly it works just by simply inserting the T-Mobile SIM, but in some areas the phone would have no service. The phone leaves the factory with all bands necessary to work on T-Mobile, so I started researching how to make it work better on the T-Mobile network. As of now I have it working pretty well, getting service in places I didn't get service before, so hopefully my experience can help others with Verizon devices.
    First and foremost, be sure the APN settings are changed to those listed here: BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings

Then, I found a hidden menu by opening the dialer and dialing *#*#4636#*#* (I had to do this twice for the menu to open)

Under "set preferred network type, I selected "LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)"

Changing this setting seems to have stopped the phone from looking for a CDMA network (Verizon's).

I am still tweaking settings, and if anyone has found other ways to "unlock" or speed up T-Mobile's bands on the Verizon Pixel XL, I'd appreciate a reply here. Thank you!

All replies