Bait & Switch Scam

hcbaldy

On July 12 I was sold a plan of $30 Simply Prepaid UNL Talk, Text, and 5GB 4G LTE. I saved the chat transcript to prove this. The lady selling me the plan promised over and over that this conversation was being recorded and that I would get this plan. I could even hear a supervisor in the background talking over her shoulder telling her that this was the plan being offered at this time.

I paid for the cards, received them in the mail, and on July 18 we made the switch! I ended up only getting 2GB of date instead of the 5 that I was promised.

It's been over a month now of regular calls to customer "service" and no one can find the recording of that call. Last Friday I was put on hold for 2 hours! I have been promised call backs more times than I can count but it never happens.

Now I'm out of data and my phone won't work away from Wifi.

What should I do? Leave T-Mobile?

I switched from AT&T to save money and because I heard the customer service was good. This has been the worst customer service experience that I've ever had.

To add insult to injury, I was offered the same plan on August 10 (saved the chat transcript again). I agreed to the plan again! And still haven't received the plan that they keep selling me.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Bait & Switch Scam

I can't say anything about the Customer Care folks you received in the past, but T-Mobile has announced the latest Uncarrier Movement that you have a dedicated support team (e.g. every time you call in, you'll get one of a handful of people who are all by each other), so there's no passing off responsibility.  You can look in the My T-Mobile app to see your team and their hours.  You can even contact them via messaging.

With this, you should be able to contact them and get everything resolved.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • hcbaldy

I actually heard that recording on Monday when I called in. It was not true. I still haven't heard back from anyone.

Since I call every other day trying to get this resolved I called back today. I was told to call back in a couple of hours.

Also, the T-Mobile App has not worked for me since I switched to T-Mobile. I was told that it's not part of the Simply Prepaid Plan that I signed up for. Therefore, I'm not hopeful that I will get a "support team."

• smplyunprdctble

Contact T-Force via Social Media.

This is primarily a user forum.  There are T-Mobile employees here (usernames prefixed with "tmo_"), but they don't have access to your accounts like Customer Care and T-Force.

If you're not getting a resolution you're looking for via calling, use T-Force.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • hcbaldy

Tried that, too.

FranchesaBaca told me that I didn't have T-Mobile numbers! I called Customer Service and visited a store to show them the chat transcript, and they all say, "Of course you have a T-Mobile number. You are with T-Mobile."

Anyway, she promised to call me on 7/27/18 after 2 pm..... still waiting for that phone call back as well.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, hcbaldy!

It sounds like you have pursued every avenue to get your plan straightened out (I'm sorry T-Force hasn't called you back). I have searched high and low for that plan and cannot find one similar to it. Can you share the screenshot of your conversation if you don't mind (make sure to block out any personal info)? The closest plan that I can find that is $30 is an older grandfathered plan that includes 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 5 GB of data.

• hcbaldy

It's been offered twice to me. We are ok with the $30 plan for unlimited talk, text, and 2 Gb of LTE Data. I think if we are careful we won't hit that mark next month.

Thank you.

But it has happened twice. The first two screenshots are the first time on July 12. (Our service began on July 18 after we received the SIM cards.) It was offered to us again on August 10. I tried to sign up again, but they said I would lose my T-Mobile numbers if I signed up for another Pre-paid plan. When I explained the situation, I was put on hold for 2 hours. (I can attach a screenshot of that, too. A customer service rep that I talked to after August 10 didn't believe I was on hold for 2 hours. She said a person would get fired for doing that.)

Chat Transcript 1-1.jpeg

Chat Transcript 1-2.jpeg

Chat Transcript 2-1.jpeg

Chat Transcript 2-2.jpg

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry for the delay. 2 hours is quite a bit of time to wait on hold. Did you still need help with changing your plan or was that handled?

• hcbaldy

Nothing has changed. I'm still waiting.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, that's odd. Was the last conversation the one you posted or did you contact our care team again?

• hcbaldy

The second conversation was from a chat from the website. I was offered the same plan. Again, they called and wanted to sign me up. I stopped them and told them that I had had this exact conversation on July 12, but was not given the plan that I signed up for. They said that was odd and tried to figure out why I wasn't given the plan that was promised...the exact same plan they were selling. Once again, like many times before and since that day, I was bounced around, put on hold, and eventually was dropped.

• tmo_mike_c

Wow, sorry about that. I feel like there should be a way to look further into what plan you were offered and get it or something close. I understand you've called but have you tried our T-Force team? The calls shouldn't be dropping and even if they did, we should have contacted you back. If you reach out to our social media team, it'll keep you from having to call and they can do more research on this plan then get you set up.

• hcbaldy

Regarding your question about someone looking into the plan that I was offered... I agree with you. On July 12, the lady selling me the plan promised many times that the conversation was being recorded. She said if something went wrong, they could just go back and listen. We activated our lines on July 18. On July 20, I was able to call customer service and ask about our data. It was then that I realized we were scammed. The person on the other end of the line wasn't sure if the conversation could be found. I have since realized that if the conversation was recorded on July 12, then no one can find it. I would guess that 5-10 people have told me that they are looking into it and no one has called me back. I would say another 5 people have told me that there is no way to find that recording that took place on July 12.

If T-Force is through Twitter, then yes, I've gone around in circles with multiple people through that as well. The Twitter direct message feed goes back to July 24, and still no resolution. They told me that there is nothing they can do, and so I've decided to keep the plan that I was given instead of the plan that I signed up for. We really don't want to risk losing our numbers.