Rebate not being honored

magenta5847253

We switched to T-Mobile from Verizon during their Apple Iphone rebate almost two years ago.  At the time, we were promised the Iphone 6 for $14.00 a month with credits for turning in our old Iphones.  At the time of the switch, T-Mobile also told us that they would buy out the one line we still had under contract. We filled out the paperwork, they called Verizon to verify the line and we were told it might take 30 to 45 days for this to happen. However, T-Mobile did not have the new Iphones in stock and he had to wait 25 days for them to arrive.  Anyway, about 6 months ago, we started getting calls from a collections agency stating that we owed Verizon $980.00.  We explained the situation and suggested they contact T-Mobile.  We went into the store to ask for assistance and was told to call customer service.  Every time we tried to call it was a 30 to 45-minute wait.  Finally go through and the two people we talked to Emme and Sheri looked in the record and agreed that T-Mobile should have paid off the line.  We were put through to Seth who tried to get us to accept a $500.00 bill pay credit. We said no we wanted the full amount to pay off Verizon and clear our credit. After being on hold for 20 more minutes, Bill came on the line and said he would not honor anything. He was not going to pay off the line and rescinded all offers made by Sherri, Emme and Seth.  We told Bill that our contract was up in 2 months and if T-Mobile is not going to honor its promises, we were going to switch.  He told us to swtich. When we told him we were not going to let this go and would sue if needed, he told us to go ahead. My husband told Bill he should not take it for granted that we would drop this because my husband is an attorney.  Bill said if we felt like suing then we should.

What customer service.  He was rude and insulting and is the reason for my filing a complaint with the BBB, for posting about my experience with T-Mobile on Nextdoor and will also be posting on Facebook. Only two more months and I can get rid of this dishonest company.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Rebate not being honored

Hey magenta5847253

I am so sorry to hear that your service has been rocky with us from the start! We truly want you to be able to take advantage of the offers you are eligible for and if it is determined to be a T-Mobile error, we do everything we can to make it right. Since your issue is more account related and we are unable to securely access customer accounts here on a public forum, I would suggest that if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, that you would message our T-Force team (links in my signature). They will be able to pull up your account and do a full audit of what has happened and determine the next best steps.