Solved

Unable to login to My T-Mobile Account

• 16 August 2018
  • 9 replies

I set up a Prepaid Tablet Data Account ("Mobile Internet Network Access) about 3 weeks ago, and received an email "Welcome to T-Mobile" with my new phone number.  I have called Technical Support several times, because when I try to login to My T-Mobile (using either phone number or email), there is an error message that I am not authorized to use this account.  I went to a T-Mobile Store, and they were able to access my account, so I know it's active.

T-Mobile Support just said this is a known issue, affecting many new accounts.  The last tech said she would "escalate" my request, and get back to me.  I've heard nothing.

Seems like a wimpy reply.  Anyone else having this problem, or know how to resolve it?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 18 August 2018, 01:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sorry you haven't heard anything back but it's super important we get you account access. We file Help Desk tickets for issues like this so we should be able to give you an update on it if you haven't gotten one by now. Please reach out to our T-Force folks through the social media links in my badge or on our Community-2153​ page. They'll be able to look into this issue for you further.

Hi Mike,

When I try to use "Contact Us" to send message, it takes me to "My T-Mobile Account" which I can't access.

So how exactly do I "reach out to our T-Force folks" to set up a Help Desk ticket, without going through "My T-Mobile Account"? 

(With my repeated calls to T-Mo Technical Support, there probably already is a Help Desk ticket, so doing this again likely won't solve anything.)

I suspect this is a massive website problem.  I also have a very old "legacy Pay As You Go" account, which is still active.  I can't access this account on "My T-Mobile Account" either; I get the exact same error message: "You are not authorized to use this account."

Technical Support did not seem surprised at this, saying it was a "known issue", so it probably affects many T-Mo subscribers.  I just wanted to get in touch with other affected subscribers, while I'm waiting for T-Mo to fix what appears to be a massive technical problem on the T-Mo Website.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sorry you're having trouble. If you have a FB or Twitter account you can click the links in my badge or the links on the Contact Us page I posted. You'll have to scroll down to the Get social section on that page.

Unable to login to My T-Mobile Account

I recently switched from a prepaid to postpaid account.  After signing up for the prepaid plan, left the store and went home, registered on T-Mobile, and was able to see account information, it was limited because it was new, but I was able to sign in.

A couple of weeks ago when I switched to the postpaid account, the rep told me that the account number did NOT change, since they were doing a conversion from prepaid to postpaid.  While in the store, I got an email stating that the prepaid account had been deleted. 

After the rep had me all setup and ready to go, I left the store and went home, tried to re-register account and received the following error:  "Something's not right.  Sorry, due to extremely high demand, this page is not available for the moment.  While we hurry to catch up, dial 611 from your T-Mobile phone.  Call now 1-877-778-2106."

I called the number, talked to rep and then was connected to Tech Support who created a trouble ticket, and told me someone would get back to me, which they never did, even after 3 days, so I called back on 11/21/18 and talked to another rep who stated that I should wait until 11/26/18 and try again, which I did and still received the same error as above.

Called T-Mobile back on 11/26/18 and talked to another rep and she stated that the error I was receiving was a known issue affecting multiple users but had since been correct, and that the ticket that had been created from my previous call had been closed, because the issue had been corrected.

I told the rep that I am still receiving the error when I try to log in, I've already cleared the cache on my phone, as well as Internet browser, I've deleted the mobile app and re-installed it and still I am not able to log into my account on mobile device or from a desktop computer.

This is very frustrating and I feel like I’m gonna have to call every 3 days to get update or to open a new ticket. 

I kept the same mobile number and email address from the prepaid account but I feel like the issue is related to the prepaid registered account that was deleted.

It has been two weeks since I switched to the postpaid account and I manage all of my Business accounts online and the rep said it shows me registered in the system so this does make me wonder what I’ll have to go through with any future issues.

So far I’ve been given all of the standard, scripted responses, and solutions but I still can’t log into my account through the mobile app or on a desktop computer.

Waiting on response from T-Mobile.

I recently switched from a prepaid to postpaid account.  After signing up for the prepaid plan, left the store and went home, registered on T-Mobile, and was able to see account information, it was limited because it was new, but I was able to sign in.

A couple of weeks ago when I switched to the postpaid account, the rep told me that the account number did NOT change, since they were doing a conversion from prepaid to postpaid.  While in the store, I got an email stating that the prepaid account had been deleted. 

After the rep had me all setup and ready to go, I left the store and went home, tried to re-register account and received the following error:  "Something's not right.  Sorry, due to extremely high demand, this page is not available for the moment.  While we hurry to catch up, dial 611 from your T-Mobile phone.  Call now 1-877-778-2106."

I called the number, talked to rep and then was connected to Tech Support who created a trouble ticket, and told me someone would get back to me, which they never did, even after 3 days, so I called back on 11/21/18 and talked to another rep who stated that I should wait until 11/26/18 and try again, which I did and still received the same error as above.

Called T-Mobile back on 11/26/18 and talked to another rep and she stated that the error I was receiving was a known issue affecting multiple users but had since been correct, and that the ticket that had been created from my previous call had been closed, because the issue had been corrected.

I told the rep that I am still receiving the error when I try to log in, I've already cleared the cache on my phone, as well as Internet browser, I've deleted the mobile app and re-installed it and still I am not able to log into my account on mobile device or from a desktop computer.

This is very frustrating and I feel like I’m gonna have to call every 3 days to get update or to open a new ticket. 

I kept the same mobile number and email address from the prepaid account but I feel like the issue is related to the prepaid registered account that was deleted.

It has been two weeks since I switched to the postpaid account and I manage all of my Business accounts online and the rep said it shows me registered in the system so this does make me wonder what I’ll have to go through with any future issues.

So far I’ve been given all of the standard, scripted responses, and solutions but I still can’t log into my account through the mobile app or on a desktop computer.

Waiting on response from T-Mobile.

Hi, I am a prepaid mobile internet customer (4G LTE wifi hot spot Z915) and since 2 weeks cannot log into my tmobile online account.

I can't get my account info, cash balance, data usage, data left, can't buy data online etc... and have to phone customer service constantly.

Customer service wait times are terrible (52 min - 1 hour ). I spent 3 hours calling them one day, then went to a tmobile store, rep referred me to customer service.

Then called tmobile customer service again today. Today, I waited 30 min to get customer service to call me back, they gave me my account info and referred me to tech support, I waited 15 min for tech support, who then referred me to mobile internet tech support, who said I have to speak to a "prepaid mobile internet tech support rep", I waited 33 min and 33 sec and got fed up and hung up.

Tonight, I tried messaging a rep online - who said: clear my browsing history and use a different browser (I am using google chrome). I cleared my browsing history and used firefox - I still can't get into my on-line account. Help!!!  Very frustrating!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Don't feel alone. I am also using a prepaid account On the online site I can only get basic info. If I try to refill the account I get bumped back to the WELCOME page. If you joined recently access should come later. When I joined 16 months ago it took about 2 days before I had access. Perhaps a moderator may have some info. There still is the app. What I find odd is I have NEVER had any wait times to talk to someone at 611. It might be the time I call which is about 2-4 AM CT.

I was just talking to Customer Support trying to get my service turned back on, they have locked my account, because of your security questions, please re-establish chat session, she was in the middle of getting my service turned back on, a payment arrangement was set and they did not take payment, please re establish chat so I can get my service, I can't even use my phone  573-842-7330

I haven’t been able to sign in for quite some time - months, in fact, except once a few weeks ago, but again, not now!  Called, chatted, went to a T-Mobil store: all to no avail. A dear person helped me pay my bill online since our credit are had “expired,” and even then the system was apparently glitching for her as well. What’s going on?