Branched to a new discussion.

Signal Booster Duo - When will it be available???

magenta5833440

Ever since the news announcement about the new Duo 700Mhz booster, I have been calling support in hope of getting one, and sometimes I will be assured that its in stock and a few days later the old one arrives at my door step. I call them back to ask what's the deal and they explain that they don't have Duo in stock and they send the latest one available, which is sort of stupid since I keep asking very specifically that I want a 700mhz booster, not the old one which only boosts 3G signal in my area which makes things even worst for Data.

Can someone explain why its so hard to get these things? I use an aftermarket antenna at the moment, but want a window unit so I don't have to get on my roof with this thing.

Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta5833440!

I'm sorry it has been such a pain to get your hands on this model of signal booster. It shouldn't be complicated when you're told it's in stock. When your order is placed, we know right then if it's in stock and if that's the model you're being sent. I'm working with an offline manager to see if I can get you some help with this. I'll hopefully have more to update you on tomorrow.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta5833440!

I just wanted to swing by to let you know that I haven't received an update yet but I'll be sure to reply back when I do. Thanks for hanging in there.

• graphiteone

I'm also interested in the result of this.  I have called twice now and ordered a band 12 booster only to receive the old D32-24, despite repeated confirmations back and forth between myself and the tech support rep that this is in fact the band 12- compatible device.  They always state that the band 12 device (D32-21266) is in stock and it's definitely on its way.  I just wonder how T-Mobile is so confused internally that they can't even keep their equipment straight.  Please let us know if anything useful comes down the pipeline. 

On a side note, the tech support reps that I have talked to have always been friendly and helpful and I don't blame them.  Somewhere between the point when the tech support rep looks at the tech specs of the device he's sending me, confirms that it supports band 12, and then hits the 'order' button, there is a hiccup and I'm getting shipped the wrong one. 

• tmo_amanda

Hey, graphiteone and magenta5833440!

Thank you both for patiently waiting for me to get back to you. I'm sure this isn't a fun experience when you're told you have the Duo being shipped to you and come to find out it's not the proper signal booster. From working with an internal team, they stated that when reps are placing the order it should tell them if the device is in stock and ship that one out. From hearing both of your stories, it sounds like this is exactly what's happening but yet you don't receive the Duo. I'm still trying to find if there's an easier way to get the correct device vs having to place multiple orders with hopes to get the Duo. I'll keep you updated as I hear more.

• magenta5833440

Thanks Amanda,

Appreciate your effort in this and hope you are able to get to the bottom of this. T-mobile is a great company, just hoping to get this product as advertised. Band 12 is the only decent option for me in the area, and since I don't have my aftermarket booster working right now it really makes the service inaccessible.

• magenta5833440

No update still?

• graphiteone

FWIW, I talked to another tech support rep end of last week and they told me they are out of stock, and they aren't sure when they'll get another shipment from the manufacturer.  On top of that, the warehouse does not communicate with them very well.  Sometimes the word that it's out of stock doesn't come till a week or more after the warehouse actually runs out.  I think this is the reason for all of the incorrect shipments.  The tech support guys see it's in stock, order it, and the warehouse doesn't have it so they send out an old one.  Tech support is watching it and are supposed to let me know when it's back in stock, so if I hear any time soon I'll drop another note.

• magenta5833440

All this and the CEO of the company making such big claims about customer service being the uncarrier this year. It sounds like the representative's hands are strapped with incapable management programs or something else. If its not in stock, ever, then shouldn't it be re-ordered? Or is it messed up on that side as well and although they want the new one they keep ordering the old one?

• graphiteone

Just my observation, I think they have a lot of the old ones left over.  It will probably be a long time before they are phased out, if they ever are.  Seems like the issue here is just communication between divisions.  They can't help if the manufacturer can't keep up with demand, but they can help communication between the warehouse and their CS groups so that they know when it is or is not actually sitting in the warehouse ready to ship.

I'm inclined to give them a bit of slack.  Any major change to corporate philosophy will have its hangups.  Might I recommend Agile, though?  It helps a lot with resource management! 

• magenta5833440

Any update Tmobile??? Should this be re-twitted to CEO to get some attention?