New customer, porting issues. Please help me!

michellelee20

I'm transferring my number from Virgin Mobile, and the port-in request started on August 8. It should have started August 6, but there was some sort of website error and my account number & pin didn't get saved. By August 9, Virgin had released my number to T-Mobile, according to T-Mobile. I have been told 24 hours, 72 hours, Monday (today), and finally 72 business hours starting today. I've been on the phone with T-Mobile upwards of 5 hours over the last week (most of that on hold). They are unable to give me a temporary number because it's a "rebellion" prepaid account. (Which, by the way, I've been paying since August 8.) I'm job-hunting and I NEED access to my phone number! This is really getting to be unacceptable. Does anyone have any advice? I'm really struggling here. I've asked to have this escalated but I'm not sure who I ended up talking to the last time. I'm generally passed around to 3-4 people per call.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man. Sorry your number hasn't switched over. Have you gotten any updates on the status? You'll want to reach out to our T-Force team using the FB or Twitter links in my badge or on our Contact Us. I'm sure they can check on this for you and help further.

• visivas

I am having the exact same issue porting from ATT to this "rebellion" prepaid account. Besides I am unable to access my account online because I am "not authorized". I have contacted customer service from Tmobile and essentially there is no timeline to get this fixed. The worst part is I am ok with accepting my so-called new number and giving up my old number of 15 yrs, but the porting process apparently cannot be stopped, so while I distribute this new number to my contacts, after a few weeks I might get my old number back. This is getting seriously ridiculous. Now I know why ATT is costing more, because they put in some effort with these things and ironed them out. Tmobile sucks big time on this.

• tmo_chris

Re: New customer, porting issues. Please help me!

Hey visivas, sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your number ported We are unable to check port status or account level details here on a public forum unfortunately. Have you had a chance to speak with our T-Force team as tmo_mike_c had suggested above?

• visivas

Re: New customer, porting issues. Please help me!

My issue was resolved over the weekend and my number has been ported. I was told that they found a fix to this issue that affected many customers. Thanks for checking.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • suresh1391

I am having the exact same issue porting from AT&T prepaid to T-mobile prepaid, i have store receipt of sim card purchase & also my payment from bank is cleared, porting from AT&T clear given correct account numbers & pin. Called Customer care but not much helpful after forwarding to multiple departments, transfer department said its as engineering issue? they cant give any time line for resolution.

so where do i stand in regarding activation & how long will this process takes, my AT&T is still working & its plan will expire in week so if i don't renewal it will this be another issue as it not active by the time the Tmob engineering heads figure out a issue for porting

any suggestion you can give me.

• tmo_chris

suresh1391 - I am sorry to hear your port is taking so long. Typically mobile to mobile ports only take 24 hours but if there is an issue, it could potentially take longer. We can't see customer accounts here on a community forum, so I wouldn't be able to see the status of your port. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up the details and work with the number transfer center to see what is going on.

• suresh1391

I am having the exact same issue porting from AT&T prepaid to T-mobile prepaid, i have store receipt of sim card purchase & also my payment from bank is cleared, porting from AT&T clear given correct account numbers & pin. Called Customer care but not much helpful after forwarding to multiple departments, transfer department said its as engineering issue? they cant give any time line for resolution.

so where do i stand in regarding activation & how long will this process takes, my AT&T is still working & its plan will expire in week so if i don't renewal it will this be another issue as it not active by the time the Tmob engineering heads figure out a issue for porting

any suggestion you can give me.

• suresh1391

Finally Got porting process done today, after 1 week.

• slcanty4236

I am having the same issue. I started my port on 11/2/2018 and my number is still not working.