Nexus 5X APN Settings

blueskiesnh2o

My wife has a Nexus 5X that we brought over from Project Fi. It works fine on T-Mobile but I saw a thread on how to setup the APN for a Bring-Your-Own-Device and I compared it to the settings on her phone. According to the T-Mobile instructions there would just be one APN, however the default on her phone has 5 entries as on the image below. None of those profiles are exactly like the T-Mobile example.

Should I create a profile as directed by T-Mobile and delete all these others or is there a reason for the different profiles?

Thanks, Mike

image000000.png

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Nexus 5X APN Settings

It seems to be set up properly. It it ain't broke.....

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • blueskiesnh2o

Re: Nexus 5X APN Settings

Was hoping to get a little more info than that. I have a Nexus 6P that I also moved over from Project Fi, and it had the same APN list. I deleted all of them and created a single profile as suggested by T-Mobile and so far I have not noticed any difference. I haven't used the phone internationally yet after the change. Could the different APNs have something to do with international roaming?

I know the APN tells the phone how to connect to the carrier, but that is the extent of my understanding.