Slow Data Speeds in Springfield VA 22150

magenta5813240

Springfield Virginia 22150 Area code especially around Commerce Av and Oldkeen Mill Rd in Springfield Plaza and down the road at Springfield Towncenter. I can`t seem to get more then 2mps down almost every time I am in the area. I have 3 different Android based phones and they all get the same speed test. I live up the road about one mile and I can get 50-70 meg all the time. Is there some application I can use to see what band I am on etc?  It would be nice to get same speeds in this area as my house.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Are you talking about speeds inside the mall? If that's the case, you may be getting only a band-12 signal indoors. Having only band-12 cuts your data capacity by about 80% and you'd be competing with any other customers inside the mall for that capacity. If you step out the north or south entrances of Springfield Town Center and run a speed test while standing outside, you'll get a better idea of the available speed. 

Check your phones' specs and see if they have 3CA (3 band Carrier Aggregation), particularly with band-12 and bands 2 & 4. This can help indoor data speeds.