Unlock LG V20 purchased from eBay?

magenta5783242

Hey guys, I have just purchased a new LG V20 from eBay (H918 model) and it's arrived locked to T-Mobile. Now, I'm in Australia, and to use the phone I'll need to unlock it, but whenever I try to run the Device Unlock application I get the following error: "Failure in processing the request. Please reboot device and try again." I have rebooted a number of times, but am unable to unlock the device.

Is there any way of either getting the application to work, or unlocking another way?

Thanks in advance!

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Unlock LG V20 purchased from eBay?

You need to be a customer of Tmobile USA and meet the requirements in the link below.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

• cathyshort

Re: Unlock LG V20 purchased from eBay?

Surely T-Mobile have the sensitivity and common decency to provide unlock codes to people who have absolutely no way of using or benefiting from becoming a T-Mobile account member. They actually do have the ability, from a technical view and the freedom to choose to do so as they have proven with their flexibility and generosity to the American overseas forces, tirelessly defending the rights and freedoms of others. Granted I am no marine but I am a pensioner with an honest and dedicated history of service as a single mother of 4 and now a proud grandmother of 10. I am debt free and pay most of my bills in advance and brought myself this new phone only after the last one, after 5 years, finally gave up! Yes I should have done more research but my situation is what it is. Can anyone help me?