Could the T Mobile offshore activation center be more messed up?

magenta2495574

Within 5 minutes of transferring my wife's T Mobile account to my name found out the activation center entered my birth date incorrected so I couldn't verify myself as the new account primary owner.  Within 10 minutes of activation noticed the misspelling of my first name on two out of the three lines on the transferred account.  Now military verification won't work since the first name is misspelled.  Didn't need a photo ID to transfer the account over the phone.  Can't get the name spelling typo corrected without a picture ID and a trip to the T Mobile store, about 1 hour away.  What kind of process is that?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, magenta2495574! Gosh that sounds like quite the headache and not a great experience at all. I'm sorry the info wasn't entered correctly the first time. If you still haven't made it down to the store yet, I'd try working T-Force over Facebook or Twitter to see if they can save you a trip to the store.

• magenta2495574

Thank you for reaching out. Already been to the store.  No other option was acceptable to T Mobile. My wife and I have been t mobile customers for many years, since the original flip phone. Your activation center needs help. T Mobile can do better. I am hoping when I upgrade my phone it is a smoother process. 

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:43 PM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv7681812443 * #yiv7681812443 a #yiv7681812443 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7681812443 #yiv7681812443 h1, #yiv7681812443 h2, #yiv7681812443 h3, #yiv7681812443 h4, #yiv7681812443 h5, #yiv7681812443 h6, #yiv7681812443 p, #yiv7681812443 hr {}#yiv7681812443 .yiv7681812443button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from tmo_amanda in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hey there, magenta2495574! Gosh that sounds like quite the headache and not a great experience at all.  I'm sorry the info wasn't entered correctly the first time. If you still haven't made it down to the store yet, I'd try working T-Force over Facebook or Twitter to see if they can save you a trip to the store.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Could the T Mobile offshore activation center be more messed up? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• tmo_amanda

Thank you for the update, magenta2495574! You're right -- it shouldn't be this complicated at all and I'm sorry you had to jump through hoops when the situation in itself could have been avoided. We greatly appreciate you sticking by our side and passing along invaluable feedback. 

• magenta2495574

Well, there are updates and it gets even worse...at every interaction with the call center/customer care line I was given bad information, resulting in another trips to the mobile retail store and a loss of data stash on the hotspot line.

From the beginning....My wife and I have been T Mobile customers for a lot of years.  The account was in her name and because I was an authorized user on the account and a U.S. government employee we were authorized the federal employee discount.  Thank you.  The account consisted of three lines, two phone lines and a mobile hotspot line with the ZTE hotspot device and 18 GB of data. T Mobile had sent us a signal booster device since we are in a rural area and needed to amplification of T Mobile signal. As loyal T Mobile customers we decided on T Mobile for the internet in spite of a couple of other radio signal and satellite broadband providers in our area.  Everything was going well. 

1st Encounter: T Mobile announced the Military plan, so I called T Mobile to get information on that plan and to see if we could convert our current account over to my name so I could use the Military discount.  Things seemed to be going well until I asked about the signal booster.  I was told the signal booster had to be connected to the internet in order to work.  Since I use T Mobile for my internet connection for the house computer that didn't seem to be a workable plan so we decided not to make the conversation.  I researched signal boosters on the TMobile website and it appeared the device did not have to be hooked up to the internet via a RJ45 connection.  In reality it does not.   My first misinformation experience.  There is a second huge omitted piece of information here but I didn't discover it until my final trip to TMobile.  I'll cover that later, but there were actually two big missteps during encounter number 1.

2nd Encounter: After discovering that the signal booster didn't need to be connected to the internet I call TMobile again, asking about the program.  Told them I wanted to convert what we currently have from my wife's name to my name and use the Military plan.  Again, two phone lines and one mobile hotspot line with 18GB 4G LTE service.   On the current hotspot device I had Binge On activated and Data Stash with a huge amount of data stashed, which was being saved for the grandkids to use and an upcoming wedding at our house.  The lines were moved over under my name, pricing looked OK, and I was sent to the activation center.  BIG NOTE:  Again, the same omission at this step that happened in the 1st Encounter.  More on that later.

Activation Center Issue:  that one has been covered, let's not beat a dead horse.

3rd Encounter:  Was looking at my plan info on the website.  In our other account I needed to activate Binge On and I was looking to check the data stash.  Guess what, I couldn't find them so I called TMobile.  At this point is was explained to me that because the hotspot plan was on the Military plan I was not eligible for Binge On and Data Stash.  This is the big omission in the first two encounters.  What?  Those are very important to me!  Had I known this is would not have converted that hotspot line.  Why is it that just because a capped high speed data plan is on the military account that it looses its features of Binge On and Data Stash.  After lots of brainstorming and discussion on how I can get Binge On and Data Stash working again we came up with a couple of options.  Option 1, ditch the military plan and convert account back to wife's account.  The federal employee discount will be applied again and we can just consider this a bad dream.  I was very close to this option but in hindsight I glad I didn't because I think the outcome would have been even more disastrous since I seem be be getting lots of misinformation from the call center. Option 2:  keep the military plan for the phone and reactivate my wife's account for the hotspot line.   This would get me the 18 GB, Binge On, Data Stash, and the federal government discount would grandfather back in.  But, another trip to the TMobile store would be required so my wife could show her ID since we could not remember her account PIN.  T Mobile might be able to add back the Data Stash that was on the account prior to the conversion.  Well, with my wife in tow this time another two hour drive to the T Mobile store.

Getting tired of this...me too. So let me cut to the chase.  We get to the retail store and go through the process of reactivating my wife's account.  At the last minute after everything is set up we find out via telephone that there is no discount available to the hotspot line.  I think we could have stayed home and I could have activated a new hotspot line outside the military plan and this would have been over.  And by the way all that data I had stashed on my wife's account for use in the next few months was gone, never to be seen again. If you are interested in making this right I would like to have that back.

So, I am extremely unhappy with T Mobile right now.  From the call center to the activation center there were significant mess ups and omissions.  My only positive interaction was with Brian and his team at the HWY 290, Fairfield Store in Cypress, TX.  I was a strong and loyal T Mobile supporter and customer prior to this.  Now, I'm not so sure. 

• magenta2495574

Should I expect that T Mobile will prorate the data line and charge me for only the days used since the data line was reestablished on our former account?  I don't want to pany twice for the same data. 

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:56 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv0532426718 * #yiv0532426718 a #yiv0532426718 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0532426718 #yiv0532426718 h1, #yiv0532426718 h2, #yiv0532426718 h3, #yiv0532426718 h4, #yiv0532426718 h5, #yiv0532426718 h6, #yiv0532426718 p, #yiv0532426718 hr {}#yiv0532426718 .yiv0532426718button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Thank you for the update, magenta2495574! You're right -- it shouldn't be this complicated at all and I'm sorry you had to jump through hoops when the situation in itself could have been avoided. We greatly appreciate you sticking by our side and passing along invaluable feedback. 

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Following Could the T Mobile offshore activation center be more messed up? in these streams: Inbox

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• magenta2495574

Any chance to get the lost data back that was in the data stash?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:56 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv0532426718 * #yiv0532426718 a #yiv0532426718 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0532426718 #yiv0532426718 h1, #yiv0532426718 h2, #yiv0532426718 h3, #yiv0532426718 h4, #yiv0532426718 h5, #yiv0532426718 h6, #yiv0532426718 p, #yiv0532426718 hr {}#yiv0532426718 .yiv0532426718button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

|

• tmo_amanda

Goodness! You're undoubtedly

for being frustrated! You and your wife have gone to great lengths to get this ironed out with all of the features you need at the right price point. It's possible that we can add extra data on the reactivated hotspot. You'll want to get in touch with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter. They're top-tier customer service and are fantastic at solving issues similar to yours.

As for the prorated bill, yes, it should be prorated and you shouldn't be charged twice for a single billing period.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2495574!

Were you able to get in touch with T-Force over the weekend? If so, do you have any updates?

• magenta2495574

I did contact them and they say a portion of the data was restored.  I cannot confirm that since I am not allowed to see on the website how much data is in the stash. I am sorry that we ever transitioned this account from my wife's name to my name to participate in the military plan. I am sorry I have recommended T Mobile to my friends and neighbors.  I am sorry T Mobile doesn't educate reps on telling long term customers what they lose in benefits when transitioning accounts. I feel used and abused by T Mobile. 

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:12 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv3485184533 * #yiv3485184533 a #yiv3485184533 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv3485184533 #yiv3485184533 h1, #yiv3485184533 h2, #yiv3485184533 h3, #yiv3485184533 h4, #yiv3485184533 h5, #yiv3485184533 h6, #yiv3485184533 p, #yiv3485184533 hr {}#yiv3485184533 .yiv3485184533button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Hey, magenta2495574!

Were you able to get in touch with T-Force over the weekend? If so, do you have any updates?

|