How do I get data in Montreal?

jeffomalley

im on One Plus International but get zero data since ive arrived in Montreal (Canada). T mobile support has been useless - they suggested I reset network settings, which didn’t work, and then just say that they can’t help because there are no t mobile masts in Canada!

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: How do I get data in Montreal?

I always ask but you would be amazed how many times it is the issue but have you enabled roaming?  Have you tried;

You can turn on data by dialing the short code, #RON#.

Did you get the text message from T-Mobile when you turned your phone on in Canada? I usually get a text message when I land and turn my phone on and am not in the US.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey, jeffomalley!

Are you able to connect to data in Montreal yet? If not, some helpful info has been shared above. Give that a shot and let us know if it works.

• jeffomalley

I’m only in Canada for three more days but if I can’t solve this, I need to look at switching to a different carrier than t-mobile, to get something where roaming actually works

• drnewcomb2

When you called Customer Care, which number did you call. There's a special line just for international roaming issues. "If you want to reach T-Mobile Customer Care when you’re roaming internationally, dial the plus sign followed by 1-505-998-3793 from your mobile phone." This line is just for international roaming issues.

This is a strange problem. My wife and I just returned from a week in Canada where our phones (a Samsung Avant and Nexus 5x) both worked perfectly with no special intervention. You did go into the phone's cellular network settings and make sure that the internal setting for data roaming was enabled? Did you mention which model phone you're using?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Were you able to get the data working? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

• magenta8030783

It’s distasteful that several months later after this post I still receive useless information.  TMobile some how doesn’t have a proper agreement with the local providers and that’s why it isn’t working.  i tried all their useless troubleshootin ideas.   After my bad survey they even called me back and said it’s not their fault that I cannot rely on their service.  from Having different work phones I know that Verizon and AT&T at least gives you reliable service in Montreal.  TMobile over sells and under delivers.... to be expected.