Solved

IMS service has stopped on Galaxy J7

• 31 July 2018
  • 8 replies

My Galaxy J7 is giving me this message every couple of minutes, lagging, failing to send messages, etc. I wiped the cache partition, deleted most of my text messages, rebooted in safe mode (didn't fix it), recharging to 100$, updating all my apps, confirming that my phone software is up to date, and visiting the local T-Mobile store where it was suggested that I might want to get a new phone because this one might have a virus. Which I don't believe. I think the next step is a factory re-set, but would I lose anything important by doing that? Any other suggestions?

icon

Best answer by melisite 31 July 2018, 19:58

View original

8 replies

I tried another fix and it worked!

Google / Google settings / Instant apps / Turn off Instant apps

No more "IMS Services has stopped" messages, no more lags, no more failing to send messages!!!

Instant apps are apps that you can open before requiring installation. I wasn't aware that I had any instant apps on my phone.

My experience at the T-Mobile store reminded me to never visit the T-Mobile store for help with a phone problem. Inevitably I am advised to buy a new phone.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @melisite​!

Thanks for sharing what worked. "Instant apps" - never would've guessed that was the culprit! I also appreciate your feedback on troubleshooting in the store. While it shouldn't be like this, we are working to improve in-store experiences which include training our store reps on tech support.

IMS service message stopped after going to:

Settings

General Management

click reset

click reset settings

click reset network settings

I had the same recurrent error message and unsuccessfully tried every tip until I found one that suggested I check 'device management' under 'settings'.  When I checked this, I found that one of my old/no longer used email apps was flagged as 'crashing' and messing up my phone.  I tapped on this message and it was fixed automatically.  No more annoying error message.  Hope this helps.

this was like a pro, am so thrilled!! thank you so much for providing the remedy. after applying the above fix, its working

it has been a pain for the last 3 days. i did all i could by searching online and youtube. but nothing worked. then i had to call T-Mobile who advise i have to do either a factory reset or should buy a new phone. I was not ready for that because doing that i will loose so many things on my phone which am not ready to do so.

i did my research and i came to this. now my phone is working...@ @magenta6357803 thank you so much so so so so much

you have no idea at all at all...yehuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

This is maybe due to effected by Virus. These are many possibility of it. If you wound any malware error or any file, you should to delete it. You can also try some antivirus program. Learn more about it.

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

Badge

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

So you’re just going to dig up any old post and share your questionable content, eh?