error on t-mobile web site

goods4all

hi every time i use IMEI Status Check | See if Your Phone Works on T-Mobile 4G Network  web site i get a error  that says

We are unable to check your IMEI at this time. Please try again later.

i would like to know will t-mobile fix this issue thanks it was working before

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: error on t-mobile web site

I got the same error when I tried one out.   Are you checking to see if they are in blacklist status? If so, you can use http://www.swappa.com/esn to check the IMEI of any device to see if it has a balance or blacklist.

• dc5fan

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I tried to check my number yesterday too. As Magentatechie replied Swappa is a great place to check. I tried another site, and it read my phone was unlocked.Not true. I can't unlock mine until 30 December. Always hoping that I can get it unlocked. I knew the rules when I purchased it. It was paid completely with no balance. The only suggestion I could make is call 611 (Customer Care), pick TROUBLESHOOTING, and tell the tech about it. In fact, I may do that when I finish here.

• goods4all

Swappa is a good site but it does not let you know if the phone has a outstanding balance

• magentatechie

I'll give it that Swappa is hit or miss in that department, sometimes it does- sometimes it doesn't.

• dc5fan

What I would do is ask Swappa if the phone is "free and clear". Isn't it possible to request the IMEI, or even contact the seller for info? Thanks for bringing up extra ideas to ask before I would make a purchase. A member here with a high number had suggested Swappa as a possible source to purchase a used phone instead of an expensive new phone. I WOULD NOT use Ebay!

• magentatechie

I feel you on that, I'm hesitant to purchase devices from anywhere that's not directly from my carrier.  I've sold phones via Craigslist before but made sure I had all my ducks in a row (providing the IMEI, making sure it's unlocked, etc) before selling and if I WERE going to utilize some other means of purchasing a device, I'd expect the same info and assurances before I made any kind of purchase!  Even still, there's some awful people out there so it's a buyer beware situation no matter what.

• dc5fan

You are one of the few CL people who do this. I did send Swappa a question about this. I received an answer in less than 3 hours. They use PayPal for transactions. I have an LG Stylo 3 Plus phone bought in Dec 2017. I had some questions about the phone. Some reps on the site seemed a little annoyed with me. Two members, one is a Pillar, suggested  the 3 Plus. All i need is to make and receive calls. It has been a very good phone. I just learned WiFi calling a couple of months ago. I like that! Over a year ago I sold an S3 on Virgin Mobile in great shape to a young man for $35 with an extra battery and charging cords. His mom called me back to thank me for selling him a phone that was in great shape, and he got a contract with VM. Made my day!

• tmo_mike_c

I checked on this, and it's not working for me either. I do see in my internal systems and this issues been reported to our Web team. They're working on fixing this but I don't have a time frame as to exactly when it'll be working. You can Contact Us and get any help you need with the IMEI status.