I was lied to by representative

magenta5645147

I went to a store showed the store rep. my phone he told me I can get a warranty replacement. He ordered my phone to go to another store. When I go to the store to switch my phone the store rep. acting like a hall monitor told me it would have to be under insurance that he can't exchange my phone and also removes my screen protector (samsung note 8). I then call 611 explain it to the rep. Who then tells me to call the insurance when I call the Insurance they tell me I have to pay $175! I call back 611 and explain this to another rep. who tells me not to worry about it that T-mobile will send me a new phone and thst will not have to pay including a new screen cover that he will call me the next day to finish the transaction. I waited no call from the phone rep. I then call 611 to follow up and go through another obstacle course. I get to speak to Supervisor who was suppose to do a 3 way call to see if my phone was shipped out and it Tmobile waived the fee. I was once again on the with the insurance by myself who told me they are waiting for a payment. I once again call 611 spoke to a Manager explaining everything that the phone had a  little black spot that I showed the rep beside the stylus and application not working. I asked to find the csll of the rep. who promised me that a phone was suppose to be shipped she claimed that she was going to escalate the complaint. I'm still waiting I got nothing. I'm so dissatisfied and disappointed wanting me to pay $175 when the phone has warranty and has me in a bureaucracy between warranty and insurance. The phone rep. Lied to me I don't understand why the calls are being recorded and monitored.   

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: I was lied to by representative

There definitely sounds like there is a lot going on here!

So, insurance is typically used whenever there is physical or water damage on the device, unfortunately it's sort of an unavoidable in those situations.

When you say little black spot, does it appear to be physical damage of some sort? Or is it just part of the screen is having an issue?

-Lauren

• magenta5645147

It's looks like a black marker spot very small that I pointed out to the representative otherwise he wouldn't have noticed it. No water damage or cracks on the phone. Furthermore, the phone representative lied to me that he will ecalate it internally and that T-Mobile will mail out a new phone to me and not to worry about warranty or insurance, that he will call me back to give me instructions which he never did! With that being said I was lied to by the phone rep. and the call was supposedly recorded. Then who should be held responsible?

• magenta5645147

(*on the screen)

• tmo_lauren

So there's a few things something like that could be.

A little back mark typically indicates a dead pixel, or damage to the LCD screen. Keep in mind, damage to the screen doesn't have to be on the glass, it can indeed be under the glass, but does still count as physical damage.

While exchanges can indeed be forced through in some cases, you would still be subject to an Out of Warranty Fee which is greater than the cost of the insurance claim. So you may certainly be able to risk the warranty exchange, but part of the process does acknowledge that you accept the charges if they deem that to be physical damage, so it's a gamble.

-Lauren