SIMPLE CHOICE FAMILY PLAN VS TMOBILE ONE

mommakita

Has anyone switched and regretted doing so? Reason I am asking is I inquired today about switching and asked what I would lose and/or gain. I had to ask that same questions several times and one of the responses made me rethink switching plans. I was told once I switched I could never go back to my old plan or the plans data features. Am I missing something good I have with the Simple choice plan?   Any pros/cons anyone can offer?  We get 3gb data on two of the 3 lines and one line has unlimited data and am paying about $178 now for 3 lines including my jump program and fees, 2 lines have 3gb data and one unlimited

All replies

• miket

Re: SIMPLE CHOICE FAMILY PLAN VS TMOBILE ONE

How much data do you use?   For us it was actually a few $ cheaper to switch because only one line (of  our 8) runs over 2Gb of data/mo.. We switched before they disbanded the $10/ mo.  rebate per line for under 2 Gb of data/mo.  Now, it would be more  expensive for us(and you) to switch.  Quite a bit more.  

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • mommakita

We are always running out of data and with the Iphone it is hard to decipher exactly what is sucking up our data.  My one daughter has the $10 per month unlimited and my other daughter has 3 gb and runs out with more than a week to go, I am always running out right at the end. When I have reached out to Tmobile to run to figure out why we seem to be using more data than before I have been told due to us having IPhones they are not able to see why. 

• tmo_amanda

Hey, mommakita!

I'd have to agree with miket on this one -- you're likely to save more money on the Simple Choice Family plan due to the low amount of data used on two of the three lines. If for some reason the other two lines start using a lot more data, the T-Mobile ONE plan would be perfect.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• mommakita

tmo-amanda,  We are always running out, I am not exactly sure where you assumed the other two lines were using Low data. We aren't able to figure out why wer are using so much with same activities as always, thank you.

• miket

I guess Apple assumes if you can afford their phones you can afford the extra data.  <G>

The old SC plan does have unlimited data.  It is just slowed after using a fixed amount of "fast" data.  Unless you watch videos, you should be able to get along.  As I recall, audio (like music) works.   Will take longer to up/down pics.

• tmo_chris

With an iPhone, you can go to settings > Cellular and see what apps are using the most data. The best way to reduce mobile network data usage is going to be keeping your phone on Wi-Fi when there is Wi-Fi available.

As for switching to T-Mobile One, all lines would have unlimited data and it would only be $140/month (when you sign up for auto pay) and that is taxes included. I know you pay $178 a month and that has your JUMP programs. How much additional is your phone payments? Also, I am not sure if have a Netflix account but with T-Mobile One, we give you a Netflix Standard 2-screen (up to $10.99/month value) while you maintain 2+ qualifying T-Mobile ONE lines in good standing.

So if you are paying for Netflix, combine that savings with the additional $38 you would save on T-Mobile one, its about $50 less before your JUMP payments. If your JUMP payments are less than $50 I say go for it and not have to worry about running out of data.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still have any questions.