T-Mobile= poor customer service...

magenta4904181

Not happy with T-Mobile... Has anyone else had this problem with T-Mobile and/or the store located at 1579 Monroe Dr. NE, suite G, Atlanta, GA 30324?

As a Veteran, I transferred my service to T-Mobile in May and bought the Samsung Galaxy S9 on the Veteran special. (coming from Verizon & Iphone 8)

BUT, I have had problems with the Samsung Galaxy S9 phone app freezing up with error messages and the touch screen becomes non-responsive.

I have rebooted the phone, performed factory hard resets, etc.  My phone is my business. I need it to work.

I called in and asked about the warranty. The customer service reps on the phone are very helpful and said they would send a replacement phone to my local  T-Mobile store for me to exchange free of charge. HOWEVER...  today I received a call from some angry woman at the local T-Mobile store telling me that the new replacement phone had arrived. "Great", I thought.

And then she started to threaten me that T-Mobile will charge me $799 in the future if they don't think my old phone had a problem.

I understand that there is probably lots of fraud in the warranty world, but this woman came across as angry, rude, threatening and completely turned me off to T-Mobile. She definitely demonstrated that she lacks Customer Service, Sales, and Diversity training at the corporate/retail level.

At this point, I will PAY T-Mobile as much money as they want and move to a new carrier and get another phone. I don't care if it costs me $1,000.00.

I plan to go to a new carrier and buy another Iphone 8. By the way, the T-Mobile cell coverage in many parts of Atlanta, Midtown, Morningside, Virginia Highland, Decatur, etc. is abysmal: constantly drops calls.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: T-Mobile= poor customer service...

magenta4904181 wrote:

By the way, the T-Mobile cell coverage in many parts of Atlanta, Midtown, Morningside, Virginia Highland, Decatur, etc. is abysmal: constantly drops calls.

I live in Marietta, work in downtown Atlanta, and have friends in Midtown, Decatur, and VaHi.  Never had any type of problems in any of those areas.  Now, that one stretch of Powers Ferry in Buckhead where you go down that giant hill by Rebel Trail -- I lose signal.  But, most people lose signal down there, no matter what carrier.

I can't say anything about the store.  I don't go to the Ansley area much since Ru San's failed their health inspection again and my hair salon moved to Grant Park.

• brewdog

Re: T-Mobile= poor customer service...

The only way to get help is by threatening to leave. Talked to more reps and spent more time trying to resolve simple questions. A professional would indicate they don't know and specify a plan to find and communicate the answer. Somehow T-Mobile reps are perfectly fine indicating that they don't know, then asking if they resolved all my questions. Wtf!! Repeatedly regurgitating their script. Terrible.