Note 8 apps auto updates

androidz32015

Does anyone know how to stop apps from updating? I turned off auto updates in Google play store and galaxy apps in settings, and still update all the time, since Oreo 8.0 this happens, android version 7.1.1 everything was ok. Strange thing it's always overnight when this happens, is there a secret setting in Oreo to stop all updates??? And of course battery drains 50% when this accurs

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Note 8 apps auto updates

Hmm, they definitely shouldn't be updating if that option's turned off. I know in the  same area, there's a setting that allows auto-updates when connected to Wi-Fi only. Can you take a peek and make sure the option is set to Do not auto-update apps?

• androidz32015

Thanks for the reply Mike, yep that's the first thing I did no auto update over WiFi or network maybe there is a virus that lookout anti virus shows some apps are bad I did delete them send did a factory reset and did the no auto update and still the same thing, it's only done this with Oreo 8.0. As of the update July 8th. The note 9 is just weeks away but I think I'm going to pass that option up, it's still Oreo 8.1 I think, maybe I'll buy a factory unlocked Google pixel 3 xl in October, that supposed to have android P,  my pixel 2 xl works awesome on t mobile. But thanks for the reply.

• tmo_mike_c

Bummer, thanks for giving it a shot. This isn't known to happen on this phone so I was gonna suggest you try the reset. I appreciate you doing that too. If you've tested without any 3rd party apps, and it's still doing it, then there's something wonky with your phone's software. A warranty replacement would be the next step, but if you're planning on getting another device anyway, that may not be necessary.

My sister got the Pixel and she loved it! I haven't used one personally, but it seems like a really good series of phones. I haven't heard anything on the Pixel 3, but I'm kind of a tech nerd so I'll keep my eye out for that one!

• androidz32015

Yes Google launches the Google pixel near October maybe late September you can buy one at the google.com Google store ya October the pixel 3 xl will be here, ya your sister should like that pixel it's a power horse of a device I wish t mobile will get them but only Verizon has them but I buy them factory gsm unlocked and work like a charm on t mobile just make sure the apn settings are correct on the t mobile site than your all ready to go. Google the pixel 3 xl the estimated looks of it are out but I'm sure it's close to the pixel 2 xl from what I see but speedier  and a camera bump up, and better screen, the pictures and videos are by far the best on the pixel devices ask your sister she will know for sure, and also they get the latest android updates before any other android devices do. Android P the pixel 3 xl will have. And all other pixel and Google nexus should update to it this fall,  Samsung and LG won't see android P till next spring, I'm using android P beta now on my pixel 2 xl now, and like what I see so far, iOS 12 beta is looking nice too on iPhone x. So I'm thinking iOS 12 and android P for 2018- 2019 should be good. Ams for my note 8 it's going good it stopped the updates so far cross my fingers lol. Sorry to bring up iOS in the topic but I use both iOS and os best of both worlds.