No, still not working. I think I know what happened, though. I had an outage about 10 days ago and had to call Spectrum. The automated system re-set my modem (which tech support said I can do myself by simply unplugging and re-plugging it) and once that happened, boom, the cellspot went out.
Now I have a replacement and it's still not communicating with the modem. The directions on the guide says to ask the ISP if ports are open but since I have a my own modem they say they can't do anything. I think it's more that they won't do anything. I understand how it could be a liability but this thing still doesn't work. I think my only option might be to look at the instructions I have for the modem and see what I can do with it.
Did you get this straightened out? Tech support hasn’t found a fix for mine yet. Thanks!
My cellspot is not working 3 weeks now
I was doing great except we had a lightning storm which blew out everything. So here I am back at square one. Will blink for days now
I had this same issue last night, I'll recap and explain what fixed it. There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't have worked the first time, as I set everything up the exact same way I had it previously. Keep in mind I own all my own equipment, I do not allow other companies to restrict ports or manage my DMZ. You may have to get your ISP to do this for you if you cannot yourself.
1. Plugged in first as I have a complicated network, but knew I was not blocking the ports. Waited 2 hours, it never stopped flashing.
2. Ensured my ports were accessible (always were), placed device in DMZ. Powered back on, same results - Failed to connect.
3. Spoke with tech support, reset device, same results - Failed to connect.
4. 6 hours down, and no bars still.
To fix I had to:
- Unplugged every other device from my gateway/router/modem (whatever you want to call it), and then reset it to factory defaults.
- Setup router as I had it configured previously, ensured ports are allowed.
- Plugged cellspot v2 into router (powered down).
- Power on cellspot v2 and hold down reset button for 20 seconds, then release.
- Watch the magic happen? I was able to get mine up after about an hour. The device took around 20 reboots. Only the power button flashed the entire time with exception GPS came online before it was finished the programming.
Good luck everyone, hope they work out of the box, but if not, maybe this will help.