CellSpot not working!

marlowjs@gmail.com

I have a brand new 4GLTE CellSpot and its not working.  The power light is flashing green and the internet light is flashing orange.  I have plugged the yellow Ethernet cord into the yellow WAN port and it is plugged into my Ethernet modem.  I have contacted my ISP and they have opened up UDP ports 123, 500 and 4500 and they have placed the CellSpot into the DMZ.  What am i doing wrong?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: CellSpot not working!

Hmm, it's tough to see what's going on, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong. We have some steps you can try on our 4G LTE Cellspot page but I think you've got that covered. You may want to Contact Us and get in touch with our Tech Care team for more troubleshooting.

• jquebby1958

No, still not working.  I think I know what happened, though.  I had an outage about 10 days ago and had to call Spectrum.  The automated system re-set my modem (which tech support said I can do myself by simply unplugging and re-plugging it) and once that happened, boom, the cellspot went out. 

Now I have a replacement and it's still not communicating with the modem.  The directions on the guide says to ask the ISP if ports are open but since I have a my own modem they say they can't do anything.  I think it's more that they won't do anything.  I understand how it could be a liability but this thing still doesn't work.  I think my only option might be to look at the instructions I have for the modem and see what I can do with it.

• mlwing

Did you get this straightened out? Tech support hasn’t found a fix for mine yet. Thanks!