Samsung Galaxy S7 Oreo update turns bluetooth off!

gsnassif

Ever since I did the G930TUVU4CRF1 update (Android 8 Oreo update), my bluetooth has been turning on and off by itself.  I cannot stream music, cannot connect to my car, can't connect to my smartwatch, and couldn't use a bluetooth selfie stick during a recent wedding!  Why?  Because the bluetooth feature turns off for hours at a time.  No matter how many times I click on bluetooth icon, or go into settings, the bluetooth toggles and buttons do not work.  Greyed out. 

I've tried several online suggestions (clearing caches, etc.) to no avail.  Last night, I did a clean install and it worked for about 4 hours.  Here we go again.

A new program that I haven't ever used before is SmartThings by Samsung.  Could this be the culprit?  I don't think it is a hardware issue, because when the bluetooth decides to turn on by itself, it work. 

George

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Selfie sticks should be outlawed! (I work in a tourist building and have almost been swatted by a few)

SmartThings has the option to turn things on and off based on location and time and other criteria (similar to IFTT).  My guess is this may have something to do with it.  Especially since you call it a new app.  Have you tried removing it to see what kind of results happen?  (and, if it's one of those pesky factory installed apps, have you tried disabling?)

• tmo_amanda

Hey, gsnassif!

That sounds like it'd be a pain to use any sort of Bluetooth functionality after the update. I agree with smplyunprdctble's suggestion of removing/disabling the app to see if that does the trick. If that doesn't work, try running your S7 in Safe Mode. If running your S7 in Safe Mode fixes the Bluetooth issue, an app is the likely cause for this happening.