SMS and MMS separate chat group

victor_fox

My Nexus 6 is acting very erratic when it comes to MMS and group messaging.  Every time receive a pic from someone it creates a separate MMS group chat with that person.  It only started doing this ever since I switched to TMobile. Any thoughts? I already try turning off Wi-Fi preferred calling, but it is still doing it. I also cleared the cache app folder, and yes, I am only using the default Android messaging app.  Thank you Device troubleshooting@

All replies

• victor_fox

Re: SMS and MMS separate chat group

I just noticed something, I think it might have something to do with it..... When I first use this Tmobile SIM card it was originally as a Tourist SIM card plan.  I did this in order to test the network before switching over from TMobile.  So I went ahead and switch to TMobile and PORT all my line over.... My phone is now using my old number from AT&T but as I'm looking through the Android message app under setting -> Advance ... it is showing 571-719-1225 and this is the number that was initially attached to the SIM card.  But my phone it is registered under my 813-XXX-XXXX number.  Should I go to the TMobile store and see about getting a fresh, brand new SIM card instead?DevicesDevice troubleshootingAccount

• victor_fox

Re: SMS and MMS separate chat group

Ok, that was the issue. For some reason, MMS/SMS was stuck on the old number.  I just manually changed it under Settings -> Advance and all is good now.