Internal Error 407

bugs6946

keep getting error when trying to do system update for PRL or Profile.  How can this be resolved?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Internal Error 407

Hmm, is this happening when you're going to your MyT-Mobile.com account or something through your device? Please let us know more details so we can give you the right solution. Thanks.

• bugs6946

This is happening on the device.  We have 2 numbers, this is on the 3223 number which is a Samsung Galaxy J7 ported over from Sprint.  Settings -> system updates ->both update PRL and update Profile get these errors.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

• tmo_mike_c

Ah okay. I wasn't able to find this error in our internal systems, but after a Google search, this does seem to have happened on other Sprint devices. Can you try flipping it over to Safe mode and seeing if that allows the update to go through?

• bugs6946

I am in safe mode and I now just get an error that it could not be completed and to try again later.  "If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service."  Same for Update Profile.

I'm going to exit safe mode for now.  Won't be able to get back to you until tomorrow sometime as we have out of town guests.

Thanks

• tmo_mike_c

Okay, thanks for giving that a shot. When you get the chance, try the cache wipe on your phone. This seems to be more related to the phones software so you may need to complete a reset, but that would be last resort.

• bugs6946

Cache wipe unfortunately did nothing.  Not sure if I want to do a complete reset.  Will that wipe out everything including contacts and setups?  I read where it's not too critical if the PRL is not updated, not sure about what update profile does.

• tmo_mike_c

Ah shucks. Sorry that didn't work. I'm not too familiar with this profile update. I just wanna make sure this profile update isn't keeping you from using the service on our network.

• bugs6946

In my old instruction manual it states:

'Update Your Profile

This option allows you to automatically update your online user profile information. If you choose to change your user name and select a new one online, you must then update the user name on your phone.'

Not sure what user name but I think we are ok.  Updates are set to download automatically & when I check manually it says we are up-to-date. 

I appreciate all of your help but at this time, I think I will pass on the reset as I don't think these will interfere with the use of the phone.

Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                      • tmo_mike_c

Oooooh! That's interesting! I'm not sure what username either. Maybe for certain websites you registered too? Not sure, just a thought.

No problem. You should be able to back up all your important info, but I totally understand passing on the reset if the phone's services are working.

• bugs6946

Cache wipe unfortunately did nothing.  Not sure if I want to do a complete reset.  Will that wipe out everything including contacts and setups?  I read where it's not too critical if the PRL is not updated, not sure about what update profile does.