How to fix problems with latest s5 system upgrade?

magenta5001193

Is there anyway to roll back the latest update on my s5? Whatever happened to my s5 in the last several days today is 7/18/18)(automatic update?) has made it practically useless for me....apps that i had set up for easy find are not there anymore; don't need flashlight and magnifier on page; can't rearrrange the apps that do appear....lots of "+" icons that do nothing...hard to easily find apps that i frequently use now i must scroll down through a list of all apps.  Was working quite well before this week's update. Can't shell out more $$$ for a new phone.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry you're having trouble with the update. There's some things we can try on the phone to get it working for you. When you're trying to move the icons, does the screen not respond? Have you restarted the device since the update? Wiping the cache is really good step to try also. Please give that a shot and let us know if you still need some help. Thanks.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see if you had a chance to try the wipe as tmo_mike_c suggested?

• magenta5001193

Unfortunately,  wiping the cache partition did nothing to help with the problem.  I tried several times to no avail.  Still having the same issues.  Phone is usable, but not nearly as friendly as it was prior to the upgrade, wish I could go back to pre-upgrade version!

On Monday, July 23, 2018, 4:37:13 PM EDT, tmo_chris <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

#yiv4288331983 * #yiv4288331983 a #yiv4288331983 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4288331983 #yiv4288331983 h1, #yiv4288331983 h2, #yiv4288331983 h3, #yiv4288331983 h4, #yiv4288331983 h5, #yiv4288331983 h6, #yiv4288331983 p, #yiv4288331983 hr {}#yiv4288331983 .yiv4288331983button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from tmo_chris in Android products - View the full discussion

Just checking in here to see if you had a chance to try the wipe as tmo_mike_c suggested?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following How to fix problems with latest s5 system upgrade? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• tmo_mike_c

Can you try using the phone in Safe mode to see if it works better for you? There could be some compatibility issues with downloaded apps causing the phone to act a bit wonky.

• magenta5001193

Nope.  I still get the large icons and am unable to rearrange them on the various screens  or to delete them ( the flashlight and magnifier are of no use to me.)  To go to my contacts I first have to go into the phone icon-- I had a contacts icon on the screen which was very convenient. I also had my most used apps on the screens Lots of blank head icons and blank app icons...have to go to 'more apps' to access my apps.  I know that I can/should be able to assign the app icons to my apps, but I don't want my contacts  on the screens, although I could live with contacts through the phone icon IF I were able to rearrange and resize the icons (the icons under 'easy settings' are the size of all icons before this upgrade.  (seems more like a downgrade and haven't read anything good about this upgrade for the s5 in the forums).

Lori

On Thursday, July 26, 2018, 10:31:00 AM EDT, tmo_mike_c <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

reply from tmo_mike_c in Android products - View the full discussion

Can you try using the phone in Safe mode to see if it works better for you? There could be some compatibility issues with downloaded apps causing the phone to act a bit wonky.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following How to fix problems with latest s5 system upgrade? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|