T-MOBILE CELL PHONE LOCKED

joaodenis0

Hi

Hello.
    I bought a cell phone used by ebay.

When I received the product, it was blocked by T-Mobile.
    I'd like to unblock it legally.
    I would like to know the correct procedure.
    The  Imei is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All replies

• gramps28

Re: T-MOBILE CELL PHONE LOCKED

Unfortunately for you only the original owner who had the account with Tmobile can do this plus they would have to meet the unlock requirements.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • miket

If it is "blocked" that means it is stolen or wasn't paid for by the original owner.  If it is simply "locked" then it can be used w. a TM SIM.   If the former, maybe you have some recourse w. Ebay.  

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Hey there! I know some of our super helpful Community members already chimed in here -- in this situation, you may be in a bit of a bind.
            You can find the requirements to request a device unlock here: Unlock your mobile wireless device -- but as some have mentioned; you do need to be a T-Mobile customer with an account in good standing and actively using the device for a certain period of time before you'll be eligible to request one.
            Also, as mentioned, if the device is IMEI blocked (not simply just carrier locked to T-Mobile's network), then that's an entirely different ball game. In order to have the IMEI unblocked the original owner would need to contact T-Mobile and satisfy the reason for the block -- whether it was claimed as lost or stolen, or if there is still a balance owed.