Problems with mailing in for BOGO rebate special

anton88

I have an issue that it seems others have also had, from the looks of it on here. This concerns the BOGO deal for the IPhone 8 and 8 plus. The deal was that you were to send in your old IPhone for a rebate, which would cover some of the cost of the new phone.

- At first I went to my local T Mobile store to ask for the address to mail it to, and they didn't give me a clear answer (I think it was a high school aged kid working there at the time), but said something along the lines of I should be getting a shipping/mailing label and package to send it in.

- But for some reason I didn't get this, and when I talked to a representative on the phone, they just gave me the address to send it to. I wrote it down and then used UPS to send it at the end of March (the 28th).

- I have the drop off package receipt and the tracking number and even proof/confirmation of delivery to T Mobile in Coppell, TX.

...Yet my mom (who is the primary account holder since we're getting the two-lines deal) and I have talked to four or five other customer service reps over the last couple of months (all of who ended up being different people, despite each of them saying that we can reach them individually again), and they each said that T Mobile never received the phone I sent in, and that they can't do anything for me in terms of a rebate or refund until they did. It almost seems like each employee is trying to pass the problem off to others and are not actually addressing the problem. I'm not sure how much communication there is on my case between them because sometimes it seems the info they have on my case is not coherent and we have to re-explain our entire situation each time. They each say they can help us take care of it but this issue still persists after all these months.

Now I'm not sure what to do. It's really out of my hands. I have the proof that it was sent and received. I went to UPS and they couldn't really help me any further. What am I supposed to do here? Did I just lose the several hundred dollars because of this, even though it's not our fault? Is there someone I can email with the proof of delivery? I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, anton88!

Thank you for posting in our Support Community. Gosh, you traded in your old iPhone and there's no $$ to show for it. From the sounds of it, your phone may have been sent to the wrong warehouse. Unfortunately it's something that happens somewhat often. The good news is that we should be able to track it down. The best piece of advice that I can give you is to work with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter (we cannot securely access customer accounts here on the Support Community). They're a top-notch Customer Care team that has a lot of experience with situations such as yours. Please send them a private message with details of what's going on and keep me updated. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

P.S. I'm truly sorry that you're getting passed around and here I go sending you off to another team. My hope is that this will be the last team you work with on this issue. All of your conversations are saved automatically which means you shouldn't have to repeat yourself as well as you have all of the details saved for your records.