Signal Down in Puerto Rico?

magenta5563357

Dad lives in Puerto Rico and has a signal booster. Have not been able to communicate with him. Anyone else having similar problems? T-Mobile rep stated there are issues not just in Puerto Rico with this device. Very concerning as this is the only means for him/us to contact each other.

All replies

• landonloco

Re: Signal Down in Puerto Rico?

Well I am Puerto Rico customer it normal that some areas with weak signal sometimes calls don't go trough outages are more common after the hurracaine can you tell me where he lives

• landonloco

That's a very rural area and these areas as I heard of people can get a lot of outages it could also be through this is rare that they moved towers for some reason I have I person I know that confronted this issue she switched but suddenly signal got really bad to a point she had to go outside drive a little bit away from her home to get service were before she could use her service just fine in her house something similar happened to me but not to those extremes still I say for now that your father considered switching to AT&T which it's the best for rural coverage in Puerto Rico or wait for 600mzh roll out which could greatly improve his coverage especially in his area that seems to be some kind of dead spot

• magenta5563357

Luckily a family member was able to check on him and what I was told is that the phone stopped working due to Tmobile pushing out some sort of update.  He had to restart his phone but was unaware of this.  As soon as it was restarted almost 24 hours later it did work again. We will keep monitoring for outages and consider other options if necessary.

• tmo_mike_c

We know it's super important to keep in touch with family. Have you gotten an updates on the outage? Is the service working any better for you?