Assurant issues

magenta5523307

Hello everyone, is anyone else that you may know of having issues with Assurant who is the company that T-Mobile uses when your phone gets stolen, lost or damaged? My phone was stolen Monday morning July 9th and when I called to file a claim for my phone Assurant charged me 175.00 for my deductible and tole me they would be over-nighting my replacement phone. It is now Friday the 13th and still no phone or any emails from Assurant regarding any tracking information. This is very frustrating since we do so much on our phones in today's fast paced world. I have called and spoke with them 3 times this week and even spoke with a manager who gave me the same answer the regular employees at Assurant did. All they can do is apologize for the inconvenience of me not having my phone. I don't have a Lan line just like many of you do not so unless I'm at home or at work I have no other way to communicate. I'm not going to spend additional money getting a pre paid phone when I already spent 175.00 on my deductible. I have been a T-Mobile customer for 16 years and the only thing that T-Mobile was able to do is credit me the days that I have been with out a phone.....really??? I told the customer service rep for T-Mobile that if I don't get my phone by next week I will be switching carriers. I'm sure I am not the only T-Mobile customer waiting on a phone from Assurant who they partnered with, you would think T-Mobile would add pressure to Assurant since they are the reason many customers like me are un-happy. Maybe this is what Friday the 13th is supposed to bring............nothing but bad luck.

All replies

• iamacorti30

Re: Assurant issues

I just paid for a replacement phone and yet they havent sent an email for my traking information.

• stevetjr

A couple of things here and I just went thru this again recently, have been with TMO and like you have been a customer for quite some time (it was voice stream when I started);

They will have sent you an email that you have to fill out for the claim, it is something the insurance company that covers the claims for Assurant does.  Mine went to my spam folder so you might want to check if you haven't already done the form.

They did add a disclaimer to the overnight when I talked to them and it is actually the same that a lot of companies do and that is it will overnight when the order is processed.  They also mentioned the availability of my phone (GS9+), luckily they had one so 1 processing day from when I e-signed the form.

As for tracking, I had the tracking number before they sent it because I signed up for a free MyUPS account so as soon as a label is generated with my address the UPS app notifies me.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta4101102

I just contacted them to see why I haven't heard anything for two weeks regarding my claim. The rep rudely kept interrupting me as I tried to explain what I did (I guess I interrupted his script), He finally told me my claim was denied in a very condescending tone. Even though I had tried to claim my daughter's phone under her number,  it was only letting me use mine number as the main account line while filing the claim via the website. I was probalby in the wrong, howerver It would have been nice to have been contacted, instead of me having to call them - he made it sound like that was my responsibility also.

In my duties as a manager with a customer service group one of the departments I am responsible, I have never had to tell my people NOT to interrupt the customer, let them vent and get it over with, then attempt to solve their problem.

Very disappointed in their service

now let's see how long it takes

• magenta5523307

I finally heard from Assurant on Friday, they told me that they apologize

for not getting my phone out and that it is because they are having issues

with the warehouse and a new system update. Keep in mind I filed my claim

Monday morning and my phone was supposed to arrive Tuesday evening.  They

told me I will get a refund for my deductible and that I should get a check

in the mail for the retail of my galaxy 8. They said they do not know when

I would be getting my phone so that's why they decided to refund my

deductible and send me a check. Supposedly this has never happened at their

company with all these shipments issues. So I ended up having to buy a new

phone at Tmobile store since they told me they have no clue when or if I

would get my galaxy 8. I also called Tmobile and complained and they gave

me 2 weeks credit for not being able to use my phone so to Assurants

issues. I would call them back if I were you and speak with a manager. Hope

this helps.

• tmo_lauren

Oh man, sounds like this has definitely been a less than ideal situation.

Have you received any updates or the device yet?

-Lauren

• magenta5523307

The last update I got was yesterday that they shipped my phone but I

already purchased a new one so they are going to refund me my deductible

and mail me a check for the value of my galaxy 8  since at the time they

couldn't tell me when I would get my phone.

• tmo_lauren

That's great they will be providing the device value!

It sounds like they have been having some hiccups on their side which we are working to address, I don't have a ton of info as they are an independently operating separate entity, but we are looking into it and I'm sorry it's caused any headaches.

-Lauren

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you still have any questions or concerns?

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, magenta5523307!

I wanted to swing by to see if you have any updates for us or if you would considered this issue taken care of. If you have any other questions that we can answer, shoot away -- we're here for you!

• magenta5523307

Hello Amanda, the issue is now taken care of. I had to purchase a new phone

since Assurant wasn't able to get a phone out to me. They went ahead and

reimbursed my deductible and sent me a check for the value of what my phone

being replaced would cost. Being without a phone for 5 days was definitely

an inconvenience and everyone that I called at Assurant never had a good

answer as to why they couldn't send phones out. They would all say they're

having an update to theyre system and that's why they can't do anything.

Had Assurant not contacted me by the fifth day I would have switched

carriers and dropped T-mobile after 16 years.

• tmo_amanda

While I'm happy to hear that all is well now, being without a phone for 5 days is in no way ideal. I'm elated that Assurant called back and you're still with our magenta family. Again, this is not a typical situation, as I'm sure you know after being with us for almost two decades. I'm truly sorry that you had to go through this. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help out with in the future.