WiFi Calling on Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact

amays0013

I'm hoping for some assistance with WiFi calling for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.  The setting is not currently available and according to Sony, this is something that has to be enabled by T-mobile.  I have no cell service at my home, even with the cell booster T-mobile sent out.  I keep hearing that this is being addressed and/or that an update was expected to fix the problem in June, but nothing has changed.  This is becoming a big problem! 

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: WiFi Calling on Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact

That's super bummer to hear this and we really want you to be able to use the service. In order to use Wi-Fi Calling you'll need a device with that installed. This does come with all T-Mobile branded device, but those that aren't may not get this capabilities.As for the coverage at your home, we'd need to get a Service Complaint filed in order to help get some coverage improvements for that area.

• pithviper

Regarding the lack of availability of WiFi calling on the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact - This is a HUGELY annoying issue. I can't get signal inside my work and have a mother with Alzheimer's who only remembers my cell number. Additionally, have several relatives that live in areas where cell signal is erratic, spotty, and completely unreliable. I had the XZ1 compact and THAT had WiFi calling available. That one was also NOT a phone that T-Mobile directly sells. There are so few phones that fit in my small hands and I hate Apple products. It is ridiculous that a longtime T-Mobile user cannot avail herself of this one simple feature.

I spent 45 minutes online with a T-Mobile rep supposedly enabling this feature on the XZ2 Compact but it never showed up on my phone. Then went to the T-Mobile store (at the online reps suggestion) and spent another hour there and two reps were unable to get the function to show up. This is ridiculous that T-Mobile reps believe this to be a feature that is available and tell the customer as much, the phone manufacturer has made it available on the phone, and yet we cannot get it to function. C'mon T-Mobile!!!!

• jerseys

The Sony XZ2 does support wifi calling and can be seen in the hidden menu for the phones network connections (but it is greyed out with tmobile). The issue is that T-Mobile doesn't allow the device to use wifi calling because it is not a certified device. This is 100% a tmobile decision and should be corrected. Here is a link showing how to enable wifi calling for the XZ2 How can I enable Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi)? – Sony Xperia XZ2 support (English)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • pithviper

This is a HUGELY annoying issue. I can't get signal inside my work and have a mother with Alzheimer's who only remembers my cell number. Additionally, have several relatives that live in areas where cell signal is erratic, spotty, and completely unreliable. I had the XZ1 compact and THAT had WiFi calling available. That one was also NOT a phone that T-Mobile directly sells. There are so few phones that fit in my small hands and I hate Apple products. It is ridiculous that a longtime T-Mobile user cannot avail herself of this one simple feature.

I spent 45 minutes online with a T-Mobile rep supposedly enabling this feature but it never showed up on my phone. Then went to the T-Mobile store (at the online reps suggestion) and spent another hour there and two reps were unable to get the function to show up. This is ridiculous that T-Mobile reps believe this to be a feature that is available and tell the customer as much, the phone manufacturer has made it available on the phone, and yet we cannot get it to function. C'mon T-Mobile!!!!