LG not working after update

magenta2712904

I'm not really sure what happened my phone popped up that their was an update from tmoblie so did the update it updated and then turned off and now it won't turn on or charge or anything I don't understand what happened all I did was the system update it was working fine before that no problems at all what happened can I take it to tmoblie and get it fixed do I have to buy a new phone how am I supposed to get stuff off the phone like my files and photos it's an LG tp260 aka LG k20 plus it's android nougat I thought it might have been the battery but the battery works my son has the same phone and I put my battery in it and it works and charges he has not updated his phone cause he s worried it will do the same thing I don't understand why this happened I've updated the phone twice before this no problems and I did what I always do i got the notification for update so I plugged it into the charger even though it was at 76% and began update it finished update and shut off and wont turn on with battery at 100% did the update kill my phone I'm not sure what this mean but my son told me to tell y'all it's stock Rom not rooted not sure what that means but he said it might help on figuring out what's wrong

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG not working after update

Hey, magenta2712904!

Yikes! It's a bummer that after initiating the update your phone stopped working. Thanks for trying out the battery in your son's phone (such a clever idea). I would definitely recommend taking this into a T-Mobile store. They'll be able to run some diagnostics on your phone and see what your replacement options are. Once you visit the store, be sure to keep this thread updated so we make sure everything gets handled.

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG not working after update

Howdy, magenta2712904! Just wanted to see if you'd had a chance to stop by the store over the weekend. How did everything go? What were the results of the diagnostics or physical exam -- were we able to help get the phone working, or did we order a warranty replacement for you?