No WiFi calling with "No Service"

momwab

I have an iPhone 5s and need to use WiFi calling from a site with very limited cellular coverage. With WiFi calling enabled, I see "No service" in the top left of the display and then the WiFi strength (typically very strong). I can't send SMS messages to non-iPhone contacts and can't make any calls (iPhone or Android). Apple claims that this is a T-Mobile issue, and customer service at T-Mobile implied that improving cellular service to the area was the solution to the problem. Other WiFi services work fine. Any solutions out there?

Cheers

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: No WiFi calling with "No Service"

Hey, momwab!

Welcome to our Support Community! Let's see if we can get your WiFi Calling straightened out. I'd like you to try something for me -- in areas that you only have WiFi available, try turning off the cellular data which will force the phone to function through WiFi only. To do this, go to your Command Center (the settings menu that pulls up from the bottom of the screen) and select the Cellular icon. It should look something like this:

You can also go to Settings > Cellular > slide the Cellular data toggle off.

Let me know if you're able to make calls over WiFi after changing those settings.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Any luck with your WiFi calling after trying Amanda's steps?

• tmo_marissa

Hi there, and Happy Monday! Just wanted to stop by once more and see if you'd been able to follow the steps Amanda provided and get this working! Please let us know how you're doing and whether you still need assistance -- we're here!