Using ZenFone 5z in United States T-Mobile

kira@hawatube

Hi. Do anybody know can ASUS ZenFone 5z use in United States T-Mobile for 4G LTE service without any problem?

If someone in your friend uses ZenFone 5z, it would be very helpful, because it means I can use it too thanks.

All replies

• laraby

Re: Using ZenFone 5z in United States T-Mobile

Hello, the previous answer is incorrect according to my t mobile team of experts expert. all versions of the zenfone 5z are NOT guaranteed to work with t-mobile WiFi calling. I was told it would not be fixed with a software update, the manufacturer needs an agreement with t-mobile and make a hardware modification on the phone.

• drnewcomb2

Re: Using ZenFone 5z in United States T-Mobile

If you need a phone that is 100% compatible with all T-Mobile bands and features, you pretty much need to buy a T-Mobile phone. If you are willing to live with less than full, 100% compatibility, then many options are available.

• smplyunprdctble

laraby wrote:

Hello, the previous answer is incorrect according to my t mobile team of experts expert. all versions of the zenfone 5z are NOT guaranteed to work with t-mobile WiFi calling. I was told it would not be fixed with a software update, the manufacturer needs an agreement with t-mobile and make a hardware modification on the phone.

The original question was whether it would work with LTE, not WiFi Calling.  Therefore, the question was answered correctly based on what was asked

T-Mobile specific features (e.g. WiFi Calling and that) are hit or miss, depending on the device and what software features they have included.  Some work, some don't, and you'll need someone with actual experience with the device on T-Mobile's network to know what specific features work since there's no insight of the OS builds.

I don't know what hardware modification would need to have T-Mobile's agreement to include as there are many non-T-Mobile devices that support WiFi Calling, some of which are completely independent of the US.  I'm not saying it's not a hardware issue (The Nexus 5 did not get WiFi Calling, but the 6 did, even though they were on the same OS), but the fact I've seen threads where it works suggests to me it's not a T-Mobile agreement on hardware.