Data roaming issues

mnkloip

I am currently in korea and the data roaming does not seem to work. I get bars and it say it is searching. I have also not gotten the data roaming text. This is a samsung s8 plus originally on Verizon network if that helps.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Data roaming issues

Oh, that's bummer. Does it show which carrier you're connected to? Has it ever worked since you've been there? Is it just data that's not working or are you not able to call or text?

• mnkloip

No it has not. All of it does not work. There seems to be bars and the only thing it says is "searching".

• tmo_mike_c

Can you try powering down the phone and removing the SIM card. You can place it back in then give it a restart after a moment to see if it reconnects.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just checking in here to see if your trip's going any better!
                  Were you able to give the SIM card removal a shot? If that didn't help, can you take a look at the questions Amanda asked and give us a few more details?

I'm also curious if you know what type of plan you have (prepaid or postpaid) and if you were able to connect to the T-Mobile network while in the U.S..

Thank you!

• tmo_amanda

Hey, mnkloip!

I'm just checking in to see if you were able to connect to the network in Korea. If you're still having issues, please take a look at MC's previous post and get back to us. I'm also curious if you know what type of plan you have (prepaid or postpaid) and if you were able to connect to the T-Mobile network while in the U.S..