Pay as you go data plan in Vegas

swchaocc

Hi, I have pay as you go plan and purchased data pass, one week with 1G at 10 dollars. It was working fine last week in Los Angeles where I live, but I was not working when I went to Las Vegas next day. las Vegas is a big city and should have T mobile net

All replies

• lmaocean

Re: Pay as you go data plan in Vegas

Hey there!

You purchased a one week P-A-Y-G plan, and you've went to Las Vegas after a week? I'm not quite understanding this.

You are correct, T-Mobile service is quite excellent in L.V., and should work fine.

Perhaps, your week plan is over? Maybe it's time to renew your plan.

If you can rephrase your problem again, I can help you more. Sorry I couldn't understand you anymore. :/

Thanks!

• swchaocc

Hi, I purchased one week data pass at 10 dollars on June 27 and added to my pay as you go plan.  It was working fine in Los Angeles after purchasing. I went to Vegas on June 29 and came back LA on July 1. I could get some social media app some time, but I couldn't get google map, yahoo finance apps when I was in Vegas. I could get google map and yahoo finance again when I was back to LA. It makes me think the data pass works fine in the area where I purchased, but pretty slow out of town. I want to make sure if I purchase one week data pass again in the future and it will work fine out of town. Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks.

• lmaocean

Hey there!

Thank you so much for the clarified info.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to use T-Mobile's impressive 4G LTE speeds at places you want to. I would be glad to help in anyway I can. Please keep in mind, however, I'm not a T-Mobile representative, so therefore my help can only be upto a certain point. If you need help from a T-Mobile rep, you can always dial 611 from a T-Mobile phone, or 1 (877) 453 1304 from a non-T-Mobile phone.

Did you by chance use all 1GB of the 4G LTE speed allocated for your line? If so, your speed will be reduced at a point where accessing social media and such will be slower.

Just to make sure, can you confirm that the device you are using supports the T-Mobile network fully? If you want to check your phone compatibility, click here, and under the Ready to get started? banner, click the check compatibility.

Thanks!

• swchaocc

Hi, Thank you for response.  I only tested if it was working after purchasing, then I went to Vegas.

I checked there are still lots of remaining data  after I was back to Los Angeles.

I just tested my phone, Samsung Galaxy J7, it is compatible with T Mobile.

Thank you for your help.

• lmaocean

Hey there!

Thanks for replying. I don't think from this point on, I can be of much help.

tmo_amanda Do you think you can help this person out? She's a community manager with T-Mobile, and can definitely help more.

Thanks.

• swchaocc

Thanks

• tmo_amanda

lmaocean, thanks for the tag!

Hey, swchaocc! Sorry for the late reply - our team was out for the weekend. Just to be sure I'm understanding this correctly, you purchased the $10 1 GB data pass but are using it on your Galaxy J7, right? I think that may be the issue. Our system has a way of knowing if you're using the proper device for the type of plan you're on. It's possible that you were able to connect in LA and then our system picked up on the device type. However, to be 100% sure this is the issue, we need to have your account reviewed. You have the option of stopping into a store, calling our Customer Care team or working with T-Force via Facebook/Twitter.